What is the best way to believe you are worthy and equal to everyone else?

I have finally seen the light on my confidence problems. After years of put downs, name calling, ridicule, laughed at, etc, I developed a really negative self image, so self conscious of my 'flaws', so ashamed of myself, believing people when they see me, see my flaws, that they can only judge me negatively and as ugly and unworthy.

I realise now that I have nothing to be ashamed of or self conscious of, this is who I am, this is how I was created and born, my flaws are not flaws, they are what make me unique and who I am, just like everyone else in this world, every part of them makes them unique as to how they are.

I am now no longer looking at myself in terms of how I am compared to others because we are all unique, we are all different, we all look different, we all have different personality's, we all sound different, you should never feel ashamed or self conscious of anything about yourself.

However, I want to develop beliefs that I really am worthy in this world. Any advice?

Favorite Answer

Never forget that there is no difference between the President and the guy who works at McDonalds. They are both human beings, they both eat and defecate. They both have the same physical functions, just like everyone else on earth. No one is better than anyone else. That is just an illusion. Only through thought can anyone be truly different, and one thought is no better than any other. Attractiveness, Clothing, Fashion, Society, is all just fantasy, and all in the eye of the beholder. You are the same as everyone else. You live, you breathe, and you can get pleasure out of life just like anyone else. What I do is watch cartoons, laugh alot, and love the innocent things in life, untouched by thought. It is easy to live when you know that there is nothing to take seriously, and joke all the time. Keep a smile on your face, make yourself laugh, and you will make others laugh, which will reciprocate back to you. Laughter is the best medicine. It makes you feel good and makes others feel good too. Have fun and enjoy yourself and those around you.

• R M

As you have worked out you need to raise your self esteem. One of the best ways of doing this is success. Ok you might not think you are successful at anything but you need to start thinking differently.

Write down everything you are good at or have achieved, include all your positive qualities. Ignore anything negative or better still, if all you can think of is negative, try to rethink them so that they become positives. eg if no-one ever notices you are even there when you are at the pub (negative) you could make a great private detective (positive).

• Judith

Stay true to your convictions. Don't talk about people. When someone asks you not to tell something, don't. Be loyal to friends. Never do anything you don't believe in -- even if you feel pressured to do so. And believe that you are just as worthy to be in this world as anyone else and probably more so than many.

• Timawa

if you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter, for always there will be lesser and better person than yourself - desiderata

you need to see your worth,

try to reminisce,

when you were still a sperm cell

among millions of you who wanted to fertilize the egg, many had died, without even reaching the first base,

you were cut to half on the second phase of the race,

and, among the millions of sperm, you were the one that fertilized the egg,

of all the chances that could be, you were born, it was meant to be.

have a nice day! ^_^

well done you must be at so much peace after this revelation you are worthy in this world as youve just pointed out you are unique there is no one else like you !!! wish i could feel this way

• dora

Look for ways to help other people. It will help you to look outside yourself at problems other people are having and you will feel better about yourself when you do help them and they will benefit also. This would be win, win, win and that feels good!

Do what you're good at. people will always judge you but make them envy you by playing to your stengths.

Smile is the best way to get your own back to the world

I got to my motto

"Walk straight, smile, and scream at the top of your lungs 'I RULE!'"

And, no, I'm not crazy.

What other people think of you doesn't give you as much confidence as you telling yourself you're worth it.

After all, how do you expect someone to tell you you're worth it if you don't think you are yourself?

That is a good start for a solution. Another way of saying it is to be safe and be wise

If you can now believe you are as good as everyone else, you have nothing to worry about.

If there are any doubters still out there, then prove to them that you are, at least, as good as they are.