promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Can someone tell me how i can create a community, for example like Yahoo answers??

10 marks for helping me!!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The best free software out there for what you're talking about is probably Pligg. It allows registered users to create a new page for a comment, question, or link to another site. Users can add comments and vote if they like the submission - and users can vote on comments too.

Like I mentioned, its free, but its also in Beta versions so not all web hosts will allow you to install it on your server. Of course, you're going to need web hosting and a domain name - and that typically isn't free. DreamHost would be a good place for a newbie to get started with this without technical know-how because they'll auto-install the software for you with just a few clicks. Customizing it or changing the design gets a little more complicated, but if you're willing to learn, search for solutions to the problems you encounter, and follow directions it can be done. Of course, getting people to show up is a whole other process in itself ! :D

Email/IM me if you have any questions - I have my contact in the profile. If you want to check out Dreamhost I wrote a review and have some discounts that would cut the price down over here:

http://websitebuilding.biz/dreamhost-code/

Building a website isn't easy, and income isn't guaranteed. But if you're motivated you'll learn skills that are in-demand and the sense of accomplishment can be very rewarding.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Win the lottery.......and get good funding!!!! Funding for advertising....for legal support......for utilities................for hiring a workforce...... Good luck!!!

• 1 decade ago

you can do it in yahoo groups

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.