Why didn't Hugo Sanchez call Guillermo Ochoa to play for mexico vs ghana ???

he called up oswaldo sanchez , moises munoz, jose corona........................Guillermo Ochoa is better then all three of them

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

because he couldn't call anyone who will be playing the Copa Libertadores... that's why there's no anyone from Atlas, America and Guadalajara...

• Dog
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Because Televisa owns Hugo...j/k, well, not really--they do have too much power over Mexican football.

Basically, America (owned by Televisa) has been without Ochoa for a some weeks now because he got injured and then had to go join the sub-23 to prepare for the Olympic qualifiers, so now, I'm pretty sure Televisa "requested" that Ochoa stay home with America so that he doesn't miss anymore games.

• rosana
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Oswaldo Sanchez

• 1 decade ago

Hugo Sanchez did not called any player from America or Chivas because that day they have a Copa Libertadores game.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Agreed. It was a stupid decision not to include Ochoa instead of Corona or Munoz. Guillermo Ochoa, in my opinion, is one of the top ten goalkeepers in the world. I wouldn't include Sanchez, Munoz or Corona in my top 20! As you know Hugo Sanchez hasn't had the most smoothest of times right now but maybe give him a few more games before deciding to sack him or not.

• 1 decade ago

Because he has to play in both the Mexican league and the Copa Libertadores and America has been doing bad lately and everyone is expecting him to save his team that alone is too much pressure for a 22 year old and he just came back from the Olympic qualifiers he is going to be tired.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because he is one of the Mexican clubs playing in the Copa Libertadores and the league.Plus he was playing injured threw out the Olympic qualifiers.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

man the the_kid27 answered it correctly,

there was an agreement not to call Chivas & America players because of their participation in Libertadores, thats why Magallon isnt even there and hes played everysingle game in the seleccion since Hugo started.....

Source(s): mediotiempo.com
  • ochoa and the other from america and chivas(o. rojas and magallon) didnt called up because they have to play in the copa libertadores (spelling) which its little bit more important to the fmf then a freindly against ghana but we all know ochoa and magallon would have been called up

• 1 decade ago

Ochoa was injured, or is injured. One of the both. American has Navarrete as a goalkeeper right now.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.