I live between 2 cities and 2 counties if i needed help which police dept. would respond to my call?

like i live in a small town called katy,texas which is like 5 miles away from houston, texas, and in the borderline of harris county and fort bend county... katy texas is broken down between 2 parts north and south by IH-10 which according to my govt. class i learned why the KPD didnt have jurisdiction over the... show more like i live in a small town called katy,texas which is like 5 miles away from houston, texas, and in the borderline of harris county and fort bend county...

katy texas is broken down between 2 parts north and south by IH-10 which according to my govt. class i learned why the KPD didnt have jurisdiction over the area i live in, and its because its not technically considered a part of katy
i dont know what the technical term of it is, of why the police dept. doesnt have jurisdiction over that area.

im so very confused about who would repond to my call if it was an emergency can someone prefessional explain it to me