Why would anybody work for walmart?

Why would anybody work for walmart?

I understand how some people who dont speak english or who are in tough times might actually end up accepting a job for walmart, but i dont get why an american born and raised would accept to work for walmart and make very little moneyl i mean less money than people make in third world countries. personally i would starve to death or commit a crime to get by rather than work for a cult like walmart

remember we live in capitalism. rule number one two and three "money talks *** walks" It seems like walmart understand this perfectly.

• Mr Ed
    Favorite Answer

In America you have a minimum salary that walmart has to respect. Try working in a 3rd world country some time and you'll sing another tune. People who work in banana plantations in Latin America are paid $30 per week and have pesticide sprayed over them several times a day from the air. (it costs about $400 per month just to feed a small family, and you can't send them to school on that).

People who work for Gildan (textiles) are paid $50 per week.

So I guess you would be alright with Walmart. However you sound like a person who prefers to either live on welfare or live off his parents, and somebody recently suggested you try Walmart.

Of course you can get better pay elsewhere, but it's better to feel you are working for your money instead of sponging off others.

"Sect"? Well, whatever.

My question is why would anyone shop at Walmart?

Yes, I know that stuff is cheap.

What Walmart is doing to our economy probably has Sam rolling in his grave. Everything used to be made in the USA, it was a point of pride. Now, nothing is made here.

Everything they sell is made outside of the USA. They basically do not give their suppliers a chance to make products in the USA. They want everything so cheap, it's not possible for it to be made here.

So, with all of these jobs leaving the country everyday for elsewhere, where exactly is the money gonna come from to buy this really cheap stuff?

You can see casualties of offshoring everyday. Visit towns that used to have manufacturing & you will see a sad, desperate ghost town. Heck, visit a Starbucks, Homedepot, ect. Chances are the employee you think is some loser probably has a college degree & can't get a job because there are none.

& before you think your better than a Walmart employee, think about what your options are if you lose your job. Things get desperate fast & all the things that you thought made you special & gonna get the job... don't mean much when there is 20, 30, 50, 100 other folks reading the same want ad.

I got that text 4 times yesterday and me and my friend were wondering if it was true. The first thing she asked me this morning was if anything happened at walmart. But it's true that it was never specified which walmart, there are walmarts ALL OVER. I'm just glad nothing happened. This chain reminded me of that one I got several weeks ago, it was an amber alert about some young girl who got taken and there was a license plate number in the message for "look out". Any back story on that one? edit: I'm in Louisiana

• ?

I guess some folks don't mind working for an outfit that gives American jobs away every day. When founder Sam Walton was in charge, he would go out of his way to help struggling American manufacturers with business advice, etc. Back then, they used to make special note of their US-made merchandise. But The New Breed could care less; they just want The Low Price, regardless of where the stuff is coming from. That has led directly to a HUGE decrease in the number of American manufacturing jobs.

Walmart is the easiest job to get into. It doesn't require much effort. Just apply and you have a 70 percent or so chance of being hired.

I don't work at Walmart but I know people who do.

For one thing it's a decent, honest job. The pay is not that bad, they have health benefits, you are involved in what hours you can work, the environment is friendly and you get an employee discount.

You should be ashamed of yourself for yourself for even asking this question. Loser!

I work for Walmart and I enjoy working in retail. Nuff said

• JAH

They may not possess the education required to find a good job elsewhere. They may take it as a second job for extra income or as a part-time job to pass the time.

They love their family and need the money...

Because they need money for whatever reason