Have you ever successfully converted someone you know into liking the same music as you listen to?

Or, has someone ever converted you into listening to their favorite music? 2 years ago, I had a cousin who liked Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Avenged Sevenfold and stuff like that. After that, I got him started on bands like Slayer, Testament, Suicidal Tendencies, Cannibal Corpse and Tool. Now he is a... show more Or, has someone ever converted you into listening to their favorite music?

2 years ago, I had a cousin who liked Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Avenged Sevenfold and stuff like that. After that, I got him started on bands like Slayer, Testament, Suicidal Tendencies, Cannibal Corpse and Tool. Now he is a hardcore metal head.

Currently, I am working to change my girlfriend's opinion on metal
Update: I know this guy who was also really big into hip hop, he basically stopped listening to rap because he can't stand listening to stuff like Soulja Boy. He recently has started listening to Black Sabbath, Lamb of God, Tool, Judas Priest, Led Zeppelin mostly because me and a couple of other co-workers seemed to... show more I know this guy who was also really big into hip hop, he basically stopped listening to rap because he can't stand listening to stuff like Soulja Boy. He recently has started listening to Black Sabbath, Lamb of God, Tool, Judas Priest, Led Zeppelin mostly because me and a couple of other co-workers seemed to listen to that music while working