Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Why do some Christians read the Bible?

Please note, I didn't generalize. I said "some Christians"....

Argh! The thumbs-down fairies are out, I see. I gave everyone a thumbs-up.

I think so too, Cernunnos :(

Best Answer

I just choked on my Beer thanks too you..

Nose Fizzles..

• ?

I don't know about other Christians but I read my Bible every day. Actually I have a devotional on Yahoo groups so I am teaching the Bible so I have to know what I am teaching so I need to study what I am writing about. For my own devotional time I am reading through the Old Testament right now and try to read at least one chapter a day if not more. Last year I read through the New Testament. My main Bible is the King James Version and my Study Bibles are The Amplified Bible and the Jewish Bible. These three Bibles together help to understand what God has written and what He wants us to know. Most of the Bible up to Acts was written mainly for the Jewish people. Then when the Church was started Gentiles were also given the gospel and so right now we are in the Church age. So my answer to your question is yes, I as a born again believer in Jesus Christ who is my Savior, Lord and King, I read my Bible and answer question with Biblical answers. bb

The Bible is the sole authority concerning God. His Word is how we learn about Him, through reading and hearing it. That is why he caused it to be written. The Church is the place where we meet, and is the collective term for all of those who believe in The Lord, but "The Church", as the Catholics call themselves, is not the authority, the Bible is. As Martin Luther said, "Sola Scriptura", "scripture only".

I don't know, the Old Testament is pretty interesting. I enjoy reading the Brick Testament - an a lot of my friends do to.

http://www.thebricktestament.com/

Source(s): Atheist.
  • tas211

All should read it. Because it is the bread of life. Just like our physical body needs food so does our spirit. We can't live a spirit filled and spirit lead life without it.

Because it's been the most read aloud since 397 A.D., and a best seller every year since the invention of the prinitng press.

It's a compass and map to my spiritual journey, i believe it's the final rule of faith and practise.

They think it's fun and wholesome.

I personally believe the Bible is a lie written by man to brainwash and control people who don't know any better.

Source(s): Atheist.
  • Tessa

I read the Bible to know more about the faith I follow. All Christians should know their Faith.

as a christian, i believe that the bible is the true and inspired word of God. it is His major way to guide us and offer direction for our lives. its just really important to read if you wanted to understand more about Christianity and the heart of Christ.

we should read the bible in urder to understand God's plan for our salvation.