Im afraid of ghosts?

at night time i have a hard falling asleap due to me thinking there are spirits or ghosts in my room i know thiss sounds silly but i cant help it Oh yea im 13.

is this normal?

Favorite Answer

Don't worry, you're not alone. There are things that can't be explained. But think about this everytime you get nervous. Have you been harmed by anything? If you haven't, you more than likely won't be. If you have or if you seriously feel threatened, you have to tell you parents/guardian/adults. If they don't believe you, I'm sorry, it's rather common that they don't, but you still need to. All I can say is have faith, if not in God, then in good.

My 'door' was opened a long time ago, when I was much younger than you. I was fortunate to have a good mother, who may not have believed something was happening, but she still believed I believed. And she comforted me.

If you like you can email me. I'm very willing to help you. I don't like the idea of anyone feeling like that.

• Nick L

Well are there any signs of a ghost present. I don't think there is anything in your room.Maybe your just imagining things. You would know when there is a ghost. I wouldn't worry. But if you are having trouble sleeping try listening to music or getting a lava lamp to put you to sleep.

It's not silly at all...

a lot of people have those kinds of experiences.

I personally think spirits exist. I thinks its sort of an echo of the real world. mostly harmless but definitely creepy sometimes.

and sometimes i think its just trapped energy.

If it seems like a bad or negative energy, re-arrange your room and keep it clean and well ventilated, if your religious say a prayer and ask for the removal of the energy. it's weird but i've heard burning a bit of white sage is good for purifiying a place too.

If it seems like its a good or positive energy, I wouldn't worry about it, in fact you could sleep more soundly knowing it may be a past away relative watching over you.

I have also experienced these attacks even when I was younger than you. I wish someone told me earlier what to do.

You can protect yourself by praying to God.

Prayer can be to create a protective shield around you and that you are closer to God.

You can also repeat God's name (if you are Christian you can repeat Jesus or Christ)

If you have frankincense in the house you can also burn it.

Keeping a small night light on also helps as ghosts like darkness. Best is if it is white light.

It's quite normal, I was scared of make-believe stuff when I was a kid, too. Do not worry, though. There are no such things as ghosts or spirits. If there were, we'd be able to prove they exist, and measure various things about them. They're folklore, myths, fairy tales, nothing for you to worry about, I promise.

Are you reading scary stories or watching scary movies, etc? When I was younger, that would always cause me to get skittish at night and imagine things. If so, maybe it is time to read or watch something else for a while. Cheers.

I fully believe in ghosts and the only thing i can tell is that most ghost will not hurt you. yes its a little eerie but its something you need to just live with

I'm 12 LOL , yes , i'm afraid but i know that they're kind X)

The majority of my family

Have already saw at least one in vietnam.

Some of them are offensive some not ,

if you lived in ur house for a long time and nothing weird happened , that means the ghost is inoffensive xD

i'm so weird but that's what i believe LOL

ah dont worry about it. When I was your age I was always really afraid of ghosts also. The truth is, ghosts are nothing more than active imagination.

I am physics major at Johns Hopkins University and I can tell you that ghosts cannot exist because they defy the laws of physics. Trust me, its all in your head.

oh yeah. I went through that phase last year. Stop psyching yourself out. That's all it is, well at least thats all it was for me. try listening to music, it makes you not notice the noises haha.

..and i know this sounds immature but sleep with a toy ahah. it really does work...though it is childish.