Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Can You "Mediate" Between Yourself And The Person Who Wronged You -Part Two....???

First of all, thank you to all those who answered my first question, for Vot needed to know whether the word "mediator" really means what Vot thinks it means.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ak_fT...

Now- if a mediator cannot be one of the interested parties in a matter, and if as it says at 1 Timothy 2:5

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus"

then how can Jesus be God?

The disciples themselves viewed Jesus as the “one mediator between God and men,” not as God himself. Since by definition a mediator is someone separate from those who need mediation, it would be a contradiction for Jesus to be one entity with either of the parties he is trying to reconcile. That would be a pretending to be something he is not.

Your thoughts, please? :-)

Best Answer

Excellent point Vot!

Thank you for taking the time to analyze a point that could be easily missed, but shows OVERWHELMING evidence, once again, that Jehovah and Jesus are not the same.

Anyone with eyes of faith can see the truth. This explains why so many can't or refuse to see the truth.

"Among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through."2 Cor4:4

• Judy

Yes and no. If you are capable of truly looking at both sides of a situation and analyze each, then present your case to this person as a meditor would, then yes. But if, in the middle of your own conversations, the emotional takes charge of the factual and realistic, you are not ready. That's when you prepare a sheet of paper for each side, and began the pros / cons -- or mine / yours. Treat this as legal assignment in your own mind. Submit the list, when completed to the (at least) one day test. If you still have the same articles on both sides and are sure you covered everything, then give a copy of the document to your aggressor; and give this person time to do their own analysis. Set up a discussion when both parties are prepared -- you may receive a revised list before the meeting, and you have to be willing to accept this as part of a mediator's job. Go through the process again prior to the meeting. I do believe that you, Vot, would be capapble of mediating. It takes someone who is logical and rational at all times. You cannot be the judge, however, but if you can get both parties to agree to a settlement, then the job is done. I have been unable to do this because the person who wronged me was drinking on the sly and openly and with other women -- as any alcoholic would. The paper would be torn up and thrown in the trash. I can maintain my cool and do my best to keep other situations completely under control, but in cases where the other party is more emotional than anything else, or on a bender, it is impossible.

Another good point, Vot. It doesn't make sense that if Jesus were God he'd be mediator too.

Vot, get over it, we just went through this question.

Jesus acts like a HIGHT PRIEST, a MEDIATOR between God and Man. Much like the ancient priests did.

We must pray to God THROUGH Jesus name.

Jesus taught us how to pray Mt 6:9-10 to pray to the Father and Sanctify that name and keep that name Holy.

It is the Ransom he provided that mediates our sins, allows us, our prayers, to come before the throne of God in the first place. Without it, we cannot approach God. That was the significance of the torn curtain in the temple at his death to the Most Holy compartment. Signifying that his ascention to God was approved and that man could now be approached by God through the accepted ransom sacrifice. Thus the MEDIATOR process was adopted and approved.

• Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior, he sacrificed his life for me, to cover my sins. When I asked him into my heart, and asked for forgiveness, he forgave, and he left me with the gift of the Holy Spirit.

John 14:6

"I AM THE WAY THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE no man comes unto the Father but by me..." sounds very much like a mediator who knows his clients well.

I once heard a story involving three Christians:

The first was called into a large room and asked, "What do you know about Jesus?"

Jesus Christ, you mean, right. Born on Christmas day, gave his life at Easter. Good man, my savior. I love him.

The man was taken to another room and the second Christian came in. She too was asked, "What do you know about Jesus"

"He is the savior of the world. A wonderful prophet. He gave his life to fulfill all the laws of the Old Testament. He was crucified and rose again."

The third Christian was called in. He walked in and fell on his knees, "My lord, my savior..."

He knew the Lord.

• Torgo

In the Christian tradition, Jesus straddles the worlds of spirit and flesh, thereby acting as a middleman between the two.

• I like the way you have approached this question, I agree with you, Jesus is not God.

The simple fact about this is : The impersonal - The lord - becoming the Personal - Jesus.

This "becoming " is only to mediate between the Lord and His World.

The absolute ,being beyond everything, needs a personification to mediate.

Wow that was great how you asked the 1st question then proved your answers from the first. That is so true and brilliant. Great way to show people how confused they are from people who teach them lies. Love it...

Excellent point, Vot. Good try :)