johnsmith asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

dying red hair?

My mate has short red hair and he says he wants to die it when we all go on holiday, is there anyway that he can dye it blonde?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Bleach and then dye? Some of these people are crazy! I'm a natural redhead too. If your friend doesn't want to spend the money going to a salon and having it done professionally, Just buy some good bleach from the beauty supply store. There are people who work there who can give good advice. And the name brand popular boxes of dye and bleach have a picture of the color of hair you have to start with, and the color results you can expect to end up with. Follow directions closely! Have fun!

PS people: If you're going to answer, you need to know the difference! Bleach is to lighten. Dye is to darken. (get a grip)

Source(s): Experience with my own hair.
  • 1 decade ago

Bleach it first, then dye it blond. (bleaching will strip the red out, then make the blond look more natural.)

Putting dye on the red will cause an orange color, so bleaching it first is the only way! Get it done professionally if you can!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Of course he can dye his hair blonde! I would recommend a professional doing his hair though. You don't want to have a color distaster! Lol. Bleach also works. (:

Hope you guys have fun on holiday!

• 1 decade ago

put a brown hair dye on it and leave a few days then put a blonde on it do not put a blonde on straight away because the red will react with blonde and turn it orange

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • tyner
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

a expert salon that makes use of a semi-everlasting colorgloss can gain a balanced darker colour on your hair that may not pass away that terrible "root" line while your hair grows in. making use of a container colour will likely consequence in hair which will fade "off tone" to an unflattering orangish colour. you have considered this walking down the line, i'm specific...anticipate to desire sparkling colorglossing approximately each and every 8-10 weeks to maintain your locks looking bright and plush.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

go buy some hair die at the store

• 1 decade ago

yes i have done this several times...... To start you have alot of time to do this and it might take several trys .... it can take up to 4 hours! Just make sure you do it and if you do a second application you put alot of conditioner in your hair!!!!! So it doesnt get dry and fall out!!!!!

Source(s): Natural red head :)
  • 1 decade ago

omg ! tr!ed that once...be very careful, get !t done pro bcuz some of my ha!r fell out n !t turned to a really l!ght strawberry red !nstead of blonde

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Red pigments are hard to get rid of, so I would advice professional help.

• 1 decade ago

Its called hair bleach....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.