Should I buy a car for my b/f?

Here is the senerio: My b/f and I have been together for the past 5yrs. He wants to buy a condo and a car but cannot afford both. He has also said that if he buys the condo (title in his name) he wants me to move in with him. I told him I would not move in with him unless we were engaged. The reason I would like to... show more Here is the senerio: My b/f and I have been together for the past 5yrs. He wants to buy a condo and a car but cannot afford both. He has also said that if he buys the condo (title in his name) he wants me to move in with him. I told him I would not move in with him unless we were engaged. The reason I would like to buy him a new car is because his old one is falling apart, I would keep the title and loan in my name alone, and give him the car as a gift. I would have full ownership of the car, along with the payments, but it would be his to drive. We have talked about marriage, but I am not ready to settle down, and we both do not have the money for a wedding and a place to live. Do you think this is a good idea? If anyone has any suggestions please post them.
12 answers 12