laminate flooring.?

i have just bought laminate flooring from homebase it was a cheap one £9 per pack i think, coverage is 2.15m. i also bought the foam underlay as well, these will be put down onto floorboards, is this all ok .

Update:

also just to add the floor boards are in good nic and the thickness of the laminat eis 7mm

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Make sure that your floor is lvl before you lay this down, if not you will be able to see the creases or they will seperate. You'll also need to quarter round to go around the edges of your baseboards after you have laid your new flooring.

Laying laminate (pergo) is lots of fun and is a great DIY project. My husband and I put some in a garage apartment and we are considering putting it in our home as well. Make sure you have at least 10% extra for what you will need since you will have to throw away some with cutting and make sure you stagger the lines so it looks more natural.

Also you want your new flooring to sit in the room where you are going to put it down for at least 48 hours 72 preferred in the boxes, face down, before laying it, so it can acclimate to the temperature and humidity in the room. Just like wood, laminate will swell and contract so you want it to do that before laying it.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

hi good advice from tr hale! also dont forget your spacers to go around the outside, it should tell you on your flooring the approx space to leave!

also if you are not taking the skirting boards off you will need edging, i bought the white scotia from homebase, approx £3.99 for approx 2 metre length.

ive just done mine it was harder work than i thought, you need a good saw! :)

• 1 decade ago

it all depends on how thick your floor boards are, and if the floor has any give(flecks). if it does then you might want to look in to getting 1/4 in. to 3/4 in. subflooring. (plywood) depending on how much give there is. other wise if your floor is solid then just make sure all of the screw heads or nail heads are sunk in good or they can damage your floor under neath.

Source(s): my in laws own a flooring store and my husband does this daily as an installer and i have helped many times.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you did a good job everything is fine you bought the right stuff.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.