Do lobsters really scream as you are putting them in boiling water?

Just Curious!!!

Favorite Answer

Lobsters do not have vocal chords and, therefore, cannot scream.

Some say that the lobster does not feel pain. Others argue that it does.

Either way, it's kinder to avoid boiling something to death for food.

Lobsters Scream

• Renee

no but i still feel sorry for the lobsters. Seriously who want to end their life by being put in a bunch of boiling water! I wouldn't

• Lobsters don't have vocal cords, so they cannot scream. The "screaming" sound during cooking is caused by steam escaping from one of a lobster's body cavities.

However, lobsters do suffer when they are boiled alive.

http://www.lobsterlib.com/canYouKill.html

i dont know but boiling the watter first and the putting them in will certainly cause alot of pain ur suposed to put the lobster in the water and then bring it to the boil so it fals a sleep and dies without th pain

Never had lobster, and I really don't want to after reading this post. I feel sad now.

no..its there shell..when you boil them, all of the air comes out of the shell and it sounds like there screaming. Just like a tea pot..only higher pitched.

awww omg. im NEVER boiling one of those if they yell. ill just buy then out of the store. pooor things :[

Unfortunately yes. It's too cruel for me so that's why I won't even eat them.

no they dont scream but they cant be to damn happy either