is this a correct sentence?: " It is 3 months since i came here"?

can i write " It is 3 months since i came here" instead of " It has been 3 months since i came here".?

Favorite Answer

" It has been 3 months since i came here" is the proper form.

Source(s): Been talking english for 30 years.

The fact that she has some fame is irrelevant. She should be treated the way everyone else should be. Having said that. I think it is an outrage for this court, or any court to be putting people in cages when it is a victimless crime. If she wants to drink or do some drugs or whatever. She is an adult and owns her own body and should do what she wants as long as she doesn't violate someone else's rights. I believe all crimes must have a victim. The victim can not be yourself. Because some people will say it's for her own good and safety. Another argument will be that she drove after drinking some. Millions and Millions of cars on the road every year have people driving them who have had drinks. The vast majority of these millions don't even cause an accident. Some do. If a person hurts someone else or their property or kills someone with a vehicle a jury should take into consideration of all the circumstances, including the alcohol that was consumed. If a jury of their piers find that the amount drank was directly responsible for the accident, that should be used in determining the restitution as well as if jail time is warranted and how much time is warranted. Anything else would be the government being the thought police. Someone might hurt someone so they must be arrested and put in jail. It's just like cell phone laws when driving. It isn't always dangerous to text or talk while you drive depending on where you are, how fast you're going and other factors. To arrest or in this case fine someone is a thought crime. No one was hurt. There is no victim. Still some would argue that in a democracy the majority feel it is to dangerous to let the above things happen. Since it's a democracy they feel they have the right to tell others what to do. Again I don't agree. Our system of government is a Constitutional Republic. The laws of the land are spelled out there. Democracy is the Tyranny of the majority. In a Constitutional Republic 99% of the people can't vote away someones natural born rights. That also brings the argument as to whether or not driving is a right or a privilege granted to us by our government. Seeing I don't believe the government grants me my rights, they can't grant me the privilege to drive. So as long as i'm not hurting any ones property, they should mind their own business.

• truly

I believe it should be "It has been three months since I came here".

For smaller numbers it is correct to spell it out.

It has been three months since my arrival.

It has been three months since I arrived here.

Three months since i've come here?

Sounds like an interesting way to introduce a story. It puts time and place in the present rather than past tense, although it is rather unconventional grammatically.

It has been three months since I was here.

its been three months since i came here

but 2 beeter sentaces would be its been three months since i arraived here or its been three months since i arrived or came to (place you came to)

It has been three months since I crossed the border, illegally!

you can but it is not grammatically correct. you can say, "it's been 3 months since I've been here."