Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Do you douche?

Most doctors and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) suggest that women steer clear of douching. All healthy vaginas contain some bacteria and other organisms called the vaginal flora. The normal acidity of the vagina keeps the amount of bacteria down. But douching can change this delicate balance. This may make a woman more prone to vaginal infections. Plus, douching can spread existing vaginal infections up into the uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries.

Best Answer

No, and I have no desire to start...

I don't douche.I've heard that water is the best thing to use to clean your vagina even though the vagina cleanses it self.If this is known why do women still douche.Why do they still have it on the market.I hate it when i go to the pharmacy and i see women purchasing it.I think they know its harmful but they just don't care.I think more should be done for women to become aware of the disadvantages of douching.

• Ya-sai

Once upon a time, I guess when not every house had a bathroom, they were very popular. Just like hair rollers, no one uses them anymore

Nope, I was told by my doctor, that it wasn't good for females. He did tell me if I decided to, only use warm water.

NO...I DON'T BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE MAKING A STATEMENT INSTEAD OF A QUESTION. BUT THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION, ALOT OF WOMEN DO DOUCHE BECAUSE OF ONE THING OR ANOTHER, IF THERE IS AN ODOR OR DISCHARGE THEN SEE A DR. THAT MEANS THERE IS A PROBLEM.

i dont. i heard that it wasnt healthy a long time ago and can honestly say i tried it once maybe twice...waste of time.

no and never had. that's just a product made up by men with no brains

I never have,for those very reasons.

douches r not good

Nope - never have

No, I don't. Idea never appealed to me.