Would you rather someone show you or tell you they love you? Do actions speak louder than words?

I want to be shown love.

Words can be empty and hollow.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Words without actions mean nothing..

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I want to be shown and hear the words as well.. I believe they both go hand in hand....

A person can say anything and it be just empty words unless they shown action as well...

I have also known people who showed love but never said the words because they really didn't love the person they just showed them to make them think they did...

• 1 decade ago

Being shown love can be much more meaningful than just saying those 3 words all the time and for couples, making love is a great way to express that love physically.

• Amber
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Some people have problems with saying the words "I Love You", even to their families. Since you've been together for so long he obviously loves you or is really super close to loving you. If he acts chivalrous to you that shows his love even better than kisses and things like that because it means he serious. So I guess you should pay more attention to how he acts so you can read his actions like you hear his words.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Laura
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Shown is nice.....but there is something to be said for the actual words too.

I know my bf loves me, but in the almost 3 years we've been dating he has only told me like 3 times he loves me.....the rest of the time all I get is "I love you too"

• Pat
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Actions speak louder than words in my book. I already know a couple of girls that say one thing but do another. SICK OF THAT!!!

I know you are too OC. :-) Just about had it with someone who fronts like you are important but then says mean things later? Thought so, you deserve better!

• 1 decade ago

Show... actions do speak louder than words :)

• 1 decade ago

Shown... you can say you love someone but if you are willing to go beyond your limits with actions you actually feel it

• 1 decade ago

actions speak way louder than words anyday!

• 1 decade ago

it is easier to fake actions than words

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.