Mumsey
Lv 5
Mumsey asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Very low fat, low cal Vegan Easter cake recipe - does one exist?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • lou
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

vegan cheesecake

INGREDIENTS

336 g soft tofu

120 ml soy milk

100 g white sugar

15 ml vanilla extract

60 ml maple syrup

1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

In a blender, combine the tofu, soy milk, sugar, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Blend until smooth and pour into pie crust.

Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool; refrigerate until chilled.

• 1 decade ago

Yup, and its delicious and moist, too!!

I baked this cake for the Vegan resturant i used to work for, and i can't believe i'm giving out my recipe :)

mix;

3c flour,

2c sucanat or sugar

1/2 c cocoa powder

2t baking soda

together with a fork

Add all from one bowl;

2/3 c oil

2t vanilla

2t vinegar (this is where the moist levening comes in!)

2c H20

Make sure you have a nice big bowl, it will foam a little bit. You can make it in two round cake pans, or however you want. It bakes like any other cake.

You can make a delicious frosting out of silken tofu beaten smoooth with a little olive oil, cocoa powder, vanilla and the sweetener of your choice!

Enjoy!

• 4 years ago

If you want to eat truly healthy, lose body fat consistently, normalize your blood pressure, cholesterol levels, prevent cancer, and even boost your brain health and energy levels, you may have heard all over the news that the Paleo Diet has been found to be one of the best methods of achieving all of these benefits compared to any other popular "fad" diets out there. Go here https://bitly.im/aMKPf

The truth is that the Paleo Diet will never be considered a fad because it's just simply the way that humans evolved to eat over approximately 2 million years. And eating in a similar fashion to our ancestors has been proven time and time again to offer amazing health benefits, including prevention of most diseases of civilization such as cancer, heart disease, alzheimers, and other chronic conditions that are mostly caused by poor diet and lifestyle. One of the biggest misunderstandings about the Paleo Diet is that it's a meat-eating diet, or a super low-carb diet. This is not true

• 4 years ago

I often make little orange easter cakes and they are always a hit. This recipe should make 25 mini cakes. You will need: 300g/10 oz./2 cups self-raising flour A quarter teaspoon baking powder A quarter teaspoon bicarbonate of soda 100g/4oz/half a cup golden caster sugar 5 tablespoons of sunflower oil 1 cup of soya milk The juice and rind of one orange 1 teaspoon vanilla essence 100g. bar of Green and Blacks dark chocolate Mini eggs to decorate Paper cake cases Preheat oven to 190C/380F. Combine the dry ingredients then stir in the oil, soya milk, juice and rind and vanilla essence. Put a couple of teaspoons of mixture into each cake case (if using small cases) and bake for about 15 minutes or until done. Allow to cool, then melt the chocolate and spread on top of the cakes. Decorate each cake with mini eggs.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Vegan Chocolate Cake

INGREDIENTS

* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

* 1 cup white sugar

* 1/4 cup cocoa powder

* 1 teaspoon baking soda

* 1/2 teaspoon salt

* 1/3 cup vegetable oil

* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

* 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar

* 1 cup water

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9x5 inch loaf pan.

2. Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add the oil, vanilla, vinegar and water. Mix together until smooth.

3. Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.

Source(s): serves 8
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I have not tried this, but I plan too. I found this on the Weight Watchers boards and everyone states that it is very good.

1 box of any flavor cake mix (reduced fat)

1 can any flavor diet soda

Bake according to the directions on the cake mix.

You can create any flavors that you want. For example: Chocolate cake mix and diet cherry coke, or white cake mix and diet orange or pinapple.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i agree with the person saying the cake mix and diet soda. i do it all the time and im vegan... it tastes great and like a real cake... just add some low sugar frosting from pillsbury and some sprinkles. itll be great! good luck and happy easter

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

cakes are sposed to have fat and calories!

• 1 decade ago

ewwww yeah but i dont even wanna think about it!I feel bad for whatever party your hosting!

• 1 decade ago

The question is would you want to eat it?!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.