promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Do you encourage your friends to lead a "healthy lifestyle" ??

She asked me to "be on her case" literally. Told me, remind me to "think more of myself" and "to go to the gym". I am doing just that ! :-)

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think you're a sweetie for doing it. I can't do that though, I have this thing with hipocrasy. I can't smoke a cigarette, eat a donut, chase it with a vodka drink and tell someone else to lead a healthy lifestyle.

However... I have threatened my son with extreme physical violence if I ever catch him with cigarettes or drugs. He saw both his grandmothers die from emphysema, and he knows I am trying my best to stop. I told him if I find out he's as stupid as I am, I will kill him long before any disease does.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

This is a tough one, I understand what you're saying, and also the frustration of it. Congrats on your change, yeah! Good job! Now you are teaching your children all these things, excellent! One of the things I can suggest is to cook healthy. You can start substituting things in the foods that are healthier and he doesn't even have to know you're doing it, just do it. For instance in the recipes you can use skim milk, fat free sour creme, wheat noodles, wheat breads, i can't believe it's not butter (in the spray container) just start cooking really healthy dinners and include salads several times a week, just make a salad and put it on his plate for him (so it isn't a choice lol) He may start to like them if it's done this way. If you need some good recipes the American Heart Association has a online cookbook that I use all the time, it's called Delicious Decisions and you can find it online, I make copies of these and hand them out every week at the club. Sub his cheeses for lower fat cheeses, have him drink the diet drinks, cut way back on the sweets, you can do it! Hope some of this helps!

• 1 decade ago

Hell no!

I encourage chocolate and coffee!

But none of my friends lead an "unhealthy" lifestyle...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

For some friends, yes I do!! A friendly reminder here and there, that's enough. :D

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I do encourage them, ALOT! nowadays ppl get sick every day, with heart problems and cancers. I encourage them fearing for their health.

• 1 decade ago

I encourage them when they need it, but I also endorse a HoHo now and then.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Good Morning Sweetie!

Of course I do....

and

I have done the same for my friends and my friends have done that for me as well.....

Peace.

• 1 decade ago

Yes mam i do,even i am neglecting my self.

• 1 decade ago

if they asked me to stick my 2bobs worth in-i will support them if they are doing it and be there all the way!

• Bart S
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Mostly.... but it's easier said than done!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.