Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Do you think saying I love you every day?

lessens the meaning? I tell Mrs. Feetie at LEAST once a day that I love her. And I mean it each and every day. But I have heard some say that it can be over used. What do you think?

Favorite Answer

Yes just "sayiing" it may lessen the meaning. But feeling it and meaning it only enhances your love and makes the other person and yourself know how lucky you are to have that special feeling of love.

Love is so special that I wouldn't want to say "I love you" to anyone unless I really feel it.

I think Mrs. Feetie has her a very special Mister.

Whoever Mrs. Feetie is I am sure she knows she is loved. Keep it up and say it more than once a day if you feel like it.

It depends on how you say it.

For some people, it is simply rote and becomes meaningless and perfunctory. However, if you mean it, then it comes through, and Mrs. Feetie is a very lucky woman.

I don't think it's lessened at all.

I think Mrs. Feetie is a lucky woman.

• ?

as long as it is not habitual, like just before you leave or just before you go to bed... using it at different times of the day or even more than once a day in a true meaningful way never lessens the meaning...

only saying it before you hang up the phone or just before leaving the one you love lessens the meaning... imo

• Bee

I would tell my ex that I loved her everyday because I felt it and wanted to say it. I guess for some people it does lessen the meaning. But it maters to the person.

• Judith

Or give a present on birthdays... Any day is a GOOD day to say "i love you" and give presents. Its more sincere. What if you are not feeling so "loving" on Valentines day? So you give a present through habit, by rote? Surely that is insincere? Just another excuse to make money from folks.

• ADL

It depends on if You understand the real meaning of Love. I tell my wife I love Her every time I leave the house or get off the phone with Her & when we go to bed @ night. You know the Garth song about will they know how much You love them. If something happened to me I would want that to be the last words I ever said to Her & She to me!!!!

• Oh on it doesn't lessen the "meaning." The meaning still means I love you. But people CAN get irritated by hearing it so much. So maybe say it only when necessary.

No I dont think it could be over used. Me personaly tell my family and friends and hubby everyday that i love them and I think its a good thing to do and necissary b/c you never know when is the last day for you or your loved one and you dont wanna say I wish I could have told them i loved them when I had the chance