Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 decade ago

Canadian immigration for a UK citizen.?

I'm a UK citizen, I hold a valid british passport. I want to visit Canada for around 6 months and then end up staying there permanently if things go well. I've been offered accommodation by the family I'm visiting and full support. The CIC website states I don't need to apply for a visa but does not state how long I would legally be allowed to stay for, I assume there's a limit. I would also like to be able to get a job, can anyone explain the rules behind getting a work visa to me? The CIC has all the information but I'm having trouble condensing, making it relevant to myself and understanding it all. Thanks in advance.

Favorite Answer

You can visit for 6 months but you CANNOT just decide to stay here. That would be overstaying your visa. You need to apply to emigrate from back home. The skilled worker category is currently taking 3 years to be processed in London.

If you do visit for 6 months you MUST have solid proof that you will return to UK - a job and a return ticket will help. You also need money in the bank account to pay for yourself while you are - including health bills. If the immigration officer thinks you will stay, then you will be denied entry.

You might want to join the below yahoo group - its deals with skilled workers emigrating to Canada. They know all the ins and outs of emigrating and work permits.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CanadianSkilledWorke...

• shanna

As that is his depending infant, he needs to comprise him in his software to immigrate to Canada yet as "no longer accompanying" on situation that he does no longer have custody of him and heavily isn't taking him alongside. He needs to ask the childs mom to provide him passport photos and to make the baby attainable for medicals. If she refuses and ideally you're waiting to favor to have that for the era of writing, he needs to jot down a truth to immigration Canada declaring that he has tried and been refused and that he realizes that this can bar him from sponsoring his son again to Canada interior the destiny. Having the son no longer do medicals gained't supply up his immigration no matter if it ought to be clean that the mother has been requested and has refused and as she has finished custody, she has that severe and it ought to be clean that your husband is conscious that with out his son having a clinical, he gained't in any appreciate have the flair to sponsor him.