Will President George W. Bush go down as a good president or the worst president?

As we embark the last year of the Presidency of George Bush, many have questioned whether the 43rd President of The United States will be considered a good or worst president... Is he a good president or the worst?

*Please no idiot answers...Its a serious matter*

Best Answer

A good one! The Churchill of our times!

• kara

You cannot judge a president during his administration, much as we would like to. While it is true that some actions are immediate, many others take time for the effects to be seen. Presidents are judged by history much different than they are judged by individual people. Take Nixon for example. The Watergate Cover-up destroyed his presidency, but history remembers him favorably for ending the war in Vietnam and opening up true negotiations with China. Jimmy Carter is remembered as having returned the Panama Canal to Panamanian control and for having done little to save our hostages in Iran, but history remembers him as a great statesman. George Bush will be much the same. Their will be parts of his presidency which history will remember unfavorably and others in a brighter light. In the end the thing he will be most remembered for will be the fact that he was president on 9/11. Is he the worst president ever? It really depends on your worldview. I would say no in my opinion. He is also not the best.

If you ask the majority of Republicans they will say that Jimmy Carter was the worst and that Bush may not be the best but he's certainly up there with the greats.

Ask the majority of Democrats and they will probably say he is the worst by far.

So the deciding vote would have to be taken by those from outside of America - the majority of which will say that Bush has been an embarrassment to the US and has destroyed any respect it once had and has permanently weakened it's position in the world.

Bush will get late recognition for being a good president just like Harry Truman did. Harry Truman holds the record for having the lowest approval rating of any president (22%) because of the Korean War. Years later he is looked upon as one of our better presidents.

The president who I consider to be over rated is Bill Clinton. Clinton is the only elected president to get impeached and for the wrong reason. He should have been impeached for treason for receiving kickbacks ($1.3 million) from the sale of missile technology to Red China in order to finance his 1996 reelection campaign. Why Clinton remains popular is a mystery to me.

I would guess he'll be remembered as an average president. There are a few who think he was excellent, and a great many at the moment who think he is the worst; I suspect that the truth is somewhere in the middle.

I'll put it this way: Bush was no Harry Truman, but he was no Warren Harding either.......

• bwlobo

I believe George W. Bush is a visionary. He doesn't seem to be concerned about his legacy as much as Bill Clinton still is...

President Bush has probably pandered too much to the Democrats, hoping to bring consensus, but Democrats are too divisive to work "across the isle".

Nixon and Hoover are smiling in their graves. Bush has all the charisma of Hoover, the integrity of Nixon and the memory of Alzehimer Reagan.

• AJ

He is probably the only president whose EVERY action resulted into a total, stunning, breathtaking disaster. Frankly, my dog could do a better job than that moron.

I wish I was jocking, but not only is seems like this idiot will go in history as the worst president ever, but his title will never be suprassed in the future.

• Jim

George W. Bush will go down in history as a precursor of the Anti-Christ!

George W. Bush is the 6th King in Rev. 17:10 who is spoken of in the present tense! Because when he was in office in 2001 there were 5-x presidents who were still alive, and one is yet to come, was Obama!

The angel Gabriel told me that Jimmy Carter is the Anti-Christ and that he is going to change his name and divorce his wife!

Obama is going to die first and then the Anti-Christ who was one of the previous 7 Presidents will take his place!

Rev. 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, [and] the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

These 7 kings were;

1. Gerald Ford

2. Jimmy Carter

3. Ronald Reagan

4. George H. W. Bush

5. Bill Clinton

6. George W. Bush.... is spoken of in the present tense (and one is) because until Reagan died all 7 were alive!

7. Barack Obama.......and one is yet to come! He will die a few days after he raises taxes!

Obama is also in Dan. 11:20

Then shall stand up in his estate a raiser of taxes [in] the glory of the kingdom: but within few days he shall be destroyed, neither in anger, nor in battle.

Rev. 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

The angel Gabriel told me in Aug. 1973 that Jimmy Carter was the Anti-Christ and that he is going to change his name and divorce his wife!

Obama is going to die first, and then the Anti-Christ, who was one of the previous 7 Presidents will take his place!

Uh...He is not a bright spot in American history...Sure, he'll try to make his legacy as the president that took out Saddam...but then look at all the other problems, like an endless war and energy prices...Bush is an oil man...Its not a coincidence

I guess that depends on who writes the history books. Americans, citizens of the Unión Norteamericana, or subjects of the Global Caliphate....