Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Why did Lieberman have to correct McCain when McCain said Iran was training Al Queda?

I thought McCain was the foreign policy expert, but he doesn't know that Iran is shiite and Al Queda is sunni????

Al Queda hates shiites (considers them infidels) and actively targets them in Iraq.

VIDEO RIGHT HERE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EetobKXQsr8

Youtube thumbnail

NOTE:

In the video, Lieberman corrects Mr Foreign Policy Expert McCain. McCain admits his error.

cuppa joe,

He did not mispoke. He repeated the same claims elsewhere. Click on the radio button.

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/03/18/mccain-iran-al...

• Dan
    Best Answer

because he misspoke and meant to say insurgents...

I find it interesting that whenever Hillary or McCain or their people make some kind of blunder the supporters defend them no matter what,and the best anti Obama people can come up with is that his PASTOR said something they consider offensive.I firmly believe McCain could come out and say Hitler was the greatest person ever to walk the earth and republicans would still come to his defense,hell some I personally know would agree and go work for his campaign.Likewise Hillary could call Obama the "n" word and her supporters would rush to her aid.When someone points out to me something Obama ever DID himself that is objectionable I will be glad to listen to what you have to say on the matter,even if I disagree I will listen to your argument.So apparently there is a double standard,or maybe theres not,maybe you only get in trouble when your supporters do or say something stupid,but god forbid we hold the actual persons themselves accountable.Some of you people are an absolute joke,its people such as this that allowed Hitler to take power,people who unquestioningly went along with him.I hear Obama supporters called sheep on here constantly....I think for myself thank you very much...I do not blindly follow some assinine doctrine that tells me that up is down and black is white.But I am probably wasting my time trying to inform the ignorant,I will be told that I am wrong,that I dont know what I am talking about and so on...thats fine take your best shot,and please dont ever forget Fox news new motto

We Inform

You Obey

Because McCain has no idea what he is talking about and is going senile. After five years of war in Iraq, this cannot be excused as him having "mispoken". The republicans use Al Queda as the bogeyman instead of dong any real thinking about the situation.

Thankfully, we have a couple more months before the Presidential Election for the Trigger Happy Pappy to show his real ignorance.

Hey, Obama said it's easier for our troops on the ground to use Taliban weapons then our own. Al Qaeda or not, he's right in the fact that Iran is training shi'te militias to attack U.S. military patrols and CLP's while attacking civilians too. Obama took a big swing and a miss on the whole "Taliban Weapons" ordeal.

Because the Neocons didn't think they had to brainwash McCain the way they did Bush.

McCain needs one of those audio boxes on his back that Bush was wearing.

I just can't believe that people are making a big deal out of this...so what he misspoke, if this is all you guys can come up w/, you're in trouble in Nov.

Toyouto: Are you really this ignorant or are you playing around?

But, what he said was true !!!!!!!!!!!!!