Do you delete your answer if it gets lots of thumbs down?

I've noticed it a couple of times. Somebody answers, the answer earns a couple of thumbs down and then next thing you know, the answer is not there anymore!

Do you think its kind of weird that the answer gets deleted because people didnt agree? Kind of pethatic? Are we trying too hard to fit in and please everyone and feel a sense of accomplishment if people agree with us or give us thumbs up? I think if you believe in something you should stick to it no matter what people think and after all there's no way in hell we will all agree on the same thing.. and thats a good thing..variety is the spice of life!

• jenny
    Favorite Answer

I´ve never thought of doing it. What a strange thing to do.

If I give an answer, I am honest about it. I don´t give it to fit in with the crowd. I give MY opinion, I try to be respectful and not to insult. The others can take it or leave it.

Even if most people disagree with me, if they find it worth it to give me a thumbs-down, it has made some kind of impression upon them. Who knows - maybe they´ll consider it again later on, and maybe reconsider their own opinion. Or not.

(Actually, in one section here, most people dislike my views, and I get some angry letters. But one young guy and I wrote back and forth a few times until he finally ended up apologising for what he had said, and for the thumbs-down. Amazing. You never know what kind of an impact "unpopular" answers here can have.....)

no, it's needless, why I should delete my answer, which also shows my opinion...if you sometimes have deleted answers, then no problem but if you all the time have deleted your answers because you have got lots of thumbs down, it's really veryyyy needless, with that you show a little self-confidence - be strong and say your opinion, maybe you'll get a lot of thumbs down, but also maybe you'll get one or two thumps up....in real life is the same..you don't agree with all people, but that don't mean to shut up and don't speak anymore, because you're afraid, that someone don't agree with your opinion...

I have deleted only once an answer...and that's it...if someone don't agree with me, so it's his problem, not mine... :)

everyone has a different point of view and how you say "variety is the spice of life"

I agee. I do think a thumbs down is appropriate for hateful, racist, or prejudiced remarks. But just honestly stating your opinion should be accepted. I have received a thumbs down or 2, then the asker chose my answer as meeting their needs the best. So unless you had a really bad moment and said something you are later ashamed of, you should leave your answers in place.

• Susan

I don't even know how to delete the answer. PLUS, I am immune to the thumbs down. I DID play a lot of the avatar games and you gotta have some thick skin for those lol

Lately, I noticed almost everyone is getting thumbs down regardless if the answer makes sense or not. I get them too.

And to that person who "loves" my answer, I could not care less. And thank you for spending at least 3 seconds of your invaluable time for pressing that button...

I never delete an answer it takes points away.

I sometimes do it not because people didn't agree with me but because some people will report my answer , so I delete it myself .

• Kevin

NO, i never delete my answer

because in my answer, i clear my opinion in a specific topic

Some people may agree with my opinion so they thump me up

Other may NOT agree with it, so they thump me down ..

Anyway, i never delete my answer

• u

heh no...if you dont like my answer thats your own problem

but its so annoying when i ask a question

and then somone gives a good answer, but still gets thumbs down

then they delete it!

I've done it a couple of times, but the majority of the time I don't.