Star if you believe that rock music isn't dead?

As you can see, I am sick and tired of people saying that rock music today cannot even compare to the 70's, 80's, and 90's. Yes, there are some really crappy mainstream and emo bands that influence society today. However, each time that I hear someone say that rock music is dead, it always annoys me. ... show more As you can see, I am sick and tired of people saying that rock music today cannot even compare to the 70's, 80's, and 90's. Yes, there are some really crappy mainstream and emo bands that influence society today. However, each time that I hear someone say that rock music is dead, it always annoys me. If you people would open your eyes and look around, you might be surprised with some of the good music that is undiscovered and unidentified by the radio.

So here my question to you people who think that rock music today is dead. Why won't you try to look around and become open minded to some of the good music today? Give me good reasons if you want the best answer.
Update: beautifulirishgirl, maybe this question will help explain what bands that I truly believe are they best bands to originate from this decade.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...