What worse thing/person/event to happen to Metal?

I think it was Nirvana cause they took Metal's dominance. Before them it was all about the Black Album, Use Your Illusion 1 and 2, No More Tears and other great Metal artists. And all for what, so Kurt would kill himself and let the entire genre to go downhill with Alternative Rock and Nu Metal styles of music. Metal has not been the same since.

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

The deaths of Randy Rhoads, Cliff Burton, Chuck Schuldiner, Dimebag Darrell and others

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Before Grunge it was hair metal. I know this. I was there. Did you forget that? Mediocre pretty boys, with big hair, too much make up and very poppy sounds?

HAIR metal was the worst thing to happen to music, by a long shot. What could Bon Jovi possibly done fpr the music scene?

• 1 decade ago

Glam Metal a bunch of people doin it for fame and money not for the music

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Jason Newsted getting thrown out of Metallica.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Nu metal.

• 1 decade ago

Dimebags murder for sure. You obviously know nothing about metal or Nirvana or Kurt Cobain for one Nirvana wasn't metal and two Kurt Cobain didn't kill himself.

Source(s): Heavy metal promoter, researcher
  • 1 decade ago

I what made the worse thing for me was when emo was put with metal. What a horrible nightmare...

• 1 decade ago

When Randy Rhoads died in that plane accident. He was great but he was still stupid for trying to buzz Ozzy's house with a plane!

Well, it shows what drugs can do to ya!

• 1 decade ago

what about Mr Big? Were they considered Metal? What's up with that corny ballad they did?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Metllica's album "St. Anger"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.