Dog in car all day?

Okay, so, for the past two days, we noticed that there is this douchebag that leaves his dog in his parked car outside my house all day. He was there yesterday for like 2 hours, possibly more, and he is there again today. Not sure for how long. My mom says she thinks since 1pm, now it is 3:38pm!! What the hell?! I... show more Okay, so, for the past two days, we noticed that there is this douchebag that leaves his dog in his parked car outside my house all day. He was there yesterday for like 2 hours, possibly more, and he is there again today. Not sure for how long. My mom says she thinks since 1pm, now it is 3:38pm!! What the hell?! I tried calling the spca yesterday, and this lady spoke to me, and said there is nothing they can do if he is inside the car. I don't think so, the poor dog has been trapped inside the car, I don't know if it is cold or hot or what in there....but with no heating or window open, probably no food or water. I live in Laval, Quebec, Canada. Is there anywhere I can call, SPCA is already useless...would it be okay to call the police...or what do I do?!?!? :|
Update: No, I am not a busybody or a nosy neighbour. But are obviously an idiot. I care about animals, and I don't think it is fair that this guy is leaving his dog in his car, for not only 10 minutes, to a hour, but all day with nothing to do, no fresh air, just sitting in a cold car.
Update 2: So, it is now almost 6:30pm, and the dog is still in there. My mom called the SPCA at 4, and they said that if we notice that the dog is in there over night or doesn't have any food or water, to call back. And she just called again now to the SPCA, and they said that there is nothing they can do. To call the... show more So, it is now almost 6:30pm, and the dog is still in there. My mom called the SPCA at 4, and they said that if we notice that the dog is in there over night or doesn't have any food or water, to call back. And she just called again now to the SPCA, and they said that there is nothing they can do. To call the police and make a ''complaint''. Even though that poor dog has been sitting there for almost 7 hours! And it is not the first time! My mom told me she's since that dog in there multiple times, but never that long. Man, I swear, people are stupid...