pete asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Why do black people blame white people for being poor?

Based off what Obamas pastor said...( I dont think we need to post the link again by now), he blames white people for black people being poor.

Havent enough black people proven by now that you can climb to the top if you work hard enough and smart enough and no one can stop you? After all the very top ranking General was Colin Powell as head of the Joint Cheifs of Staff under Bush senior.

Why wouldnt Pastor Wright point out that maybe the reason black people arent ahead is because many of them are temperamental, dont talk correctly, are busy falling into crime, gangs and drugs instead of finding a way to get job training or college. Also not to mention that fact that they have kids far too early in life.

If their communities are in shambles, Why cant they form a "gang" that combats crime and uplift the community instead of gangs that feed on fear and domestic terrorism?

Of course I will get called racist because Im not politically correct, its too predictable, lol. But its ok.

30 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Thats a generalization.......however, there are many blacks who have that attitude. They should read Bill Cosby's book.

• Mary
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I come from an extremely rural area in the south where there are a lot of poor white people. However, I think we should define poor here. If you mean economically poor, yes, these folks don't have a lot of money. However, mountain people who have lived their entire lives dependent on the land are extremely tough, resilient people who share with neighbors, contribute much might to the economy, and are joyous in spirit. So yes, these rural whites don't drive SUVs and have Plasma TVs, but they don't have debt and they enjoy close knit families, the pride in building their own houses and the relaxation that comes from living so close to nature. So rural people, be them black, white, or other, I believe, are the richest!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Predators sustain themselves from the frailty of their prey,which in this case happens to be guilt.The White Liberals have become the willing prey of the underachievers of all races and ethnic groups in this country.They feel guilty because they have, and others don't.What they fail to realize is that the majority of those who have, had to work hard for it.And those who don't have, are the lazy who are looking for a free ride.Opportunities are finally equal in this Country.Anyone who preaches the contrary is obviously trying to take advantage of the weak minded that regretfully constitute the larger part of those who are running the Country's Goverment.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Interesting comments. Many are fair comments, although some are more difficult to listen to than others. I think people are oversimplifying, but I agree that black people in general do need to take more responsibility. I confess that I don't know what the answer is, but I doubt that it is simply "laziness".

Additional details: Thanks Lilly. That was a big help.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There are poor people of all races, some due to bad circumstance, some for poor education, some simply due to sloth. However, there not very many who could say that things would be better for them back in their native land. Things are not looking too rosy in Africa or Asia. Here, you have a chance, take it.

• 1 decade ago

My own personal opinion: I like all colors, and people. However, the thinking is different, but I strongly oppose an american continent, or a world without boundaries. So let's keep the present status quo. I also oppose/reject toxic people( meaning: fifth, dirty, and stinky individuals), being poor doesn't mean this kind of behavior, what is your opinion?

Source(s): My own personal opinions.
  • 1 decade ago

The reason why whites have caused the poor economic situation of some blacks is not because of their temperament, speech, and behaviour. In fact, blaming it on these things is extremely stereotyping and racist, to assume that blacks are innately violent. No, the reason for the poor economic situation is historical. During the times of discriminiation, Jim Crow laws, etc., many blacks were denied good jobs and the ability to provide properly for their families. Much of what we have was provided for us by our parents. Because of discrimination, many people didn't have this privilege. Without parents providing money for education, it becomes very difficult for one to get ahead.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Cause black people think everything in life should just be handed to them because their ancestors had a rough life like seriously you werent even alive during that time and slavery had its ups and downs. For one thing all black people had a purpose during that time. Since the civil rights movement the black community has done nothing but sky rocket downward. Like seriously we give you equal rights and this is how you use it. Gangwars and drugs and stealing hard working peoples money ( including other hard working black peoples money) seriously maybe america needs to go back to 1920 through 1950 and use the old ways to whip em back into shape

• 1 decade ago

If they could not blame the White's for keeping them down then who could they blame? I do not think what you say is racist I think it is the truth it is time for them to stop the blame game and do some thing about there lives instead of always waiting for a hand out.

• 1 decade ago

If you look at anyone in poverty you will find that they all have a victim mentality. Doesn't matter if it's a poor white, black, asian, or hispanic; they all will blame someone or institution for their state in life.

A victim is full of unforgiveness for this perceived injustice and lots of anger.

They are really misguided.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.