Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

Whose the bigger whiner: Steve Morrissey (ex-The Smiths) or Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins)?

Update:

Michael T:

Certainly the voice is,

but what of the content.

It's the anger why I used his photo for my angry left wing avatar

(my angry right wing avatar,

using a photo of the late Sam Kineson,

just got suspended)

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Rckets
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Both of these guys could represent their respective countries if whining becomes an Olympic sport. Maybe one thing set them apart. Morrissey saves most of his whining for his music while Corgan is usually always bitching about something when he ISN'T performing. Plus, he made sure to point out that it was everyone else's fault that Smashing Pumpkins broke up (the first time), while he was completely blameless. Put me down for Billy Boy.

• 1 decade ago

Morrissey

• I like Billy Corgan and I don't think he's a whiner.

So, I'm going to go with Steve Morrissey.

• 1 decade ago

In my opinion, it is definetly Morrisey! I dont find Billy Corgan to be a whiner at all! I love the Smashing Pumpkins & especially Billy's voice! But in saying that, I also love The Smiths but I do find Morrisey's voice hard to listen to for long periods. I must admit, even though I am a fan, I do find Morrisey to be a bit of a whiner! Dont get me wrong, he has a great voice & I love some of their songs but he never seems to have a tenderness in his voice which Billy Corgan does have when he wants to. Morriseys voice seems very one dimensional to me but I find Billy's voice to be multi-faceted. I actually find Billy Corgans vocal & lyrical skills to be quite amazing really & while both artists may have depressive tendencies in their song-writing, I never feel that Billy Corgan is whining when he sings, merely using his vocal range to express emotion. However, I do feel that sometimes Morrisey does whine to express his emotions instead of maybe using his vocal range to do it like Billy C. does! :-)

I hope this goes some of the way to answering your question (again!! lol !) Bye for now! :-) x

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Roxy
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Morrissey has the most depressingly wonderful songs

Corgan just has an irritating whiney voice

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Morrissey because he is British! Come on the bald Billy Corgan looks like Nosferatu.....now that is goth!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That's a hard one...Hmmmmm, Morrissey probably!

Billy Corgan just has an incredibly irritating voice..

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

im going to say: Steve Morrissey

cus i don't think Billy corgan is a whiner

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Morrissey simply because of his giant unfucking ego, he's so full of himself that his complaints in his understanding are on a grand scale. Corgan at least pretends to be modest.

• 1 decade ago

Morrissey. Though Johnny Rotten is the top whiner of all.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.