Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

Whose the bigger whiner: Steve Morrissey (ex-The Smiths) or Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins)?

Michael T:

Certainly the voice is,

but what of the content.

It's the anger why I used his photo for my angry left wing avatar

(my angry right wing avatar,

using a photo of the late Sam Kineson,

just got suspended)

• Rckets
    Favorite Answer

Both of these guys could represent their respective countries if whining becomes an Olympic sport. Maybe one thing set them apart. Morrissey saves most of his whining for his music while Corgan is usually always bitching about something when he ISN'T performing. Plus, he made sure to point out that it was everyone else's fault that Smashing Pumpkins broke up (the first time), while he was completely blameless. Put me down for Billy Boy.

Morrissey

• I like Billy Corgan and I don't think he's a whiner.

So, I'm going to go with Steve Morrissey.

In my opinion, it is definetly Morrisey! I dont find Billy Corgan to be a whiner at all! I love the Smashing Pumpkins & especially Billy's voice! But in saying that, I also love The Smiths but I do find Morrisey's voice hard to listen to for long periods. I must admit, even though I am a fan, I do find Morrisey to be a bit of a whiner! Dont get me wrong, he has a great voice & I love some of their songs but he never seems to have a tenderness in his voice which Billy Corgan does have when he wants to. Morriseys voice seems very one dimensional to me but I find Billy's voice to be multi-faceted. I actually find Billy Corgans vocal & lyrical skills to be quite amazing really & while both artists may have depressive tendencies in their song-writing, I never feel that Billy Corgan is whining when he sings, merely using his vocal range to express emotion. However, I do feel that sometimes Morrisey does whine to express his emotions instead of maybe using his vocal range to do it like Billy C. does! :-)

I hope this goes some of the way to answering your question (again!! lol !) Bye for now! :-) x

• Roxy

Morrissey has the most depressingly wonderful songs

Corgan just has an irritating whiney voice

Morrissey because he is British! Come on the bald Billy Corgan looks like Nosferatu.....now that is goth!

That's a hard one...Hmmmmm, Morrissey probably!

Billy Corgan just has an incredibly irritating voice..

im going to say: Steve Morrissey

cus i don't think Billy corgan is a whiner

Morrissey simply because of his giant unfucking ego, he's so full of himself that his complaints in his understanding are on a grand scale. Corgan at least pretends to be modest.

Morrissey. Though Johnny Rotten is the top whiner of all.