If you could pick any record producer to work on your band's first album, who would it be?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

One of two people.George Martin or the late Tom Dowd.George Martin produced The Beatles.I'd say Sgt.Pepper and Abbey Road turned out ok.

Tom Dowd produced a lot of records for Atlantic back in the 60's and 70's.He produced the Layla album.He also did the first Lynyrd Skynyrd album.His artists were very wide ranging-from Aretha Franklin to Eric Clapton and The Allman Brothers Band.

One of those two would have done my band well.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Andy Sneap. He's worked with some of the best metal bands around and always gets a great performance out of the bands he works with and the albums always sound great.

• 1 decade ago

George Martin

• 1 decade ago

Depends on the style of music and your budget! If the budget is cool, and your talent is obvious! than the music like the "Eagles" style - I would pick Glyn Johns, if it rap - Timbaland, if it is jazz - the late Joel Dorn, if it is a singer/songwriter - my pick is David Kershenbaum, R&B - my choice is Babyface. The best way is to listen to their records and determine how they handled the artist of similar style. It's a wish list, but not that easy to get ahold of.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Chris Goss

• 1 decade ago

Steve Albini, hands down.

He's done some of my favorite albums by Superchunk, Nirvana, Jawbreaker...

Second choice would be Mark Trombino (quite possibly for "Static Prevails" and "Clarity" alone).

Cool question.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Phil Spector

• 1 decade ago

Rick Rubin aka Satan

• 1 decade ago

Either Butch Vig, or Paul Rothchild

• 1 decade ago

Roxio creator 10 all the way . . .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.