So what does it mean to "come out of her my people" in reference to Babylon the great?

This is a follow-up question to this question: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AqWkp...

Update:

I didn't give thumbs down to anyone - the community reads the responses and gives thumbs up and down to people, not me.....

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

God Told His People to Leave Babylon so they would not Fall into the Sins of Evil /Crime/ and Plagues

The Plagues that would be ( as in Egypt.)which God's people escaped.

God Wanted All His People Who Heard His Voice to Live

Eternally

REV. 18,4-5

B(Rev 18:4-5 NIV) Then I heard another voice from heaven say: "Come out of her, my people, so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues; {5} for her sins are piled up to heaven, and God has remembered her crimes.Babylon the Great

(Rev 14:13 )

On the day of judgement we will be judged by God on what we have done and not on our possessions. We cannot take our possessions with us but our deeds follow us (Rev 14:13 )

All worshied mammon / not God. in Babylon

Babylon was evil Personified. Riches flowed like Milk and Honey, Adulterous/ Wiched and Evil. It was like Sodom and

Gomorrah which was destroyed. and like in Egypt , Idol-worshippers, Sodomites, Lovers of Themselves. and were all corruoted with sins that never ended.

Thus God said "COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE"

From Article Come Out of Her My Peopl.e

Source(s): From Article Come out of her, my People. http://www.apocalipsis.org/babylon.htm
  • Gail
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Look at the 2 women described in the book of Revelation. One is the True Church, also called the Bride and the New Jerusalem, the other is The false Church, the Harlot and also called Babylon the Great. This woman rides the beast (beasts as we see in Daniel represent governments) The beast she is actually riding is the last beast in Daniel 7, which in Daniel 2 we can tell who it is because we can trace world governments from the time of Nebuchadnezzar (head of gold). Proceeding on we come to Media/Persia then Greece and then finally Rome. So we have that connection. The other connection we have to identify her is the 1260 days--the wearing out of the saints--the Good woman in Revelation's flight into the wilderness. The putting of God's word (The 2 witnesses Old and New Testaments) in sackcloth and ashes for 1260 days (also known as: 42 months or 3 1/2 years, or time times and half of times--all the same amount of time.) So lets look at the clues 1) as a woman she represents a Church system. 2) She is closely associated with Rome and other governments. 3) Elsewhere we are told Babylon was a golden cup in the hand of the Lord--that is had the favor of God at one time. 4) fornicates with all the nations of the earth--that is it is deeply involved with worldly matters and governments. 5) directly involved with persecuting the true believers of God--Inquisition ring any bells? 6) Dwelling place of every unclean thing--Back to the inquisition and all the torture of Protestants, then there is the Homosexuality and pedophilia and fornication with nuns that goes on. 7) Became rich--hmmm that one is pretty obvious. A lot of what is in the Louvre, was taken right from the Vatican when Napoleon sack it in order to make them pay for their war debt--because every time he turned around they were rising up against him after they told him time and time again that they would not. They own property everywhere and charge the people for every little service they provide besides passing the collection plate several times. I agree with Cupcake--it is the Catholic Church. All the Reformers taught this truth--which is why there was a Protestant Reformation-- Protestant has kind of lost its meaning over the years--but it means one who Protests against the Catholic Church.

• grnlow
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Babylon the Great is all the false religions of the world including most of the so-called Christian ones. All those teaching doctrines of pagans and not exclusively from the Bible are Babylonian. They became drunk with the spilled blood of the faithful ones to God, killed them in fact. They try to steer the political national governments in the direction they want to increase their power and money.

Those honest and good hearted people who wish to please God must come out of false religion before it is too late. Soon the governments will get fed up with religions influence and destroy it completely. (Rev. 17:16-17) It will be too late then, so now is the time. We already see rumblings of the governments against religions of the world. the time is not far off.

What they must do is come to Jehovah's organization quickly. Numbers show they are by the 1,000s each year.

There was another question on R&S about what question to ask their minister. I would suggest, "What is God's name?" Anything less than what Psalms 83:18, KJV says and you should look for another belief. Missing the most simple question of the Bible, the most basic thing in it, means they have no knowledge. Run don't walk to the nearest exit.

• 1 decade ago

"The fact that the Catholic Church is singled out by Fundamentalists as the Whore reveals that they intuit the fact it has an important role in God’s plan. No other church gets accused of being the Whore—only the Catholic Church. And it is understandable why: The Catholic Church is the largest Christian body, larger than all other Christian bodies put together, suggesting a prominent place in God’s plan. Fundamentalists assume, without objectively looking at the evidence, that the Catholic Church cannot be the Bride of Christ, so it must be the Whore of Babylon.

Yet the evidence for its true role is plain. The First Vatican Council taught that "the Church itself . . . because of its marvelous propagation, its exceptional holiness, and inexhaustible fruitfulness in all good works; because of its Catholic unity and invincible stability, is a very great and perpetual motive of credibility and an incontestable witness of its own divine mission" (On the Catholic Faith 3).

So why is the Bride maligned as the Whore? Jesus himself answered the question: "If they have called the master of the house Beelzebul, how much more will they malign those of his household" (Matt. 10:25). "If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world . . . the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you" (John 15:18–20)."

In Christ

Fr. Joseph

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It is God's call for His people to come out of the idolatry exemplified in the Book of Revelation and return to worshiping Him.

Babylon is a reference to "her", the Great Whore of Babylon which establishes a one-world religion.

• 1 decade ago

Babylon is, metaphorically speaking, representative of all that is evil in the world. Believers are commanded to reject its sins and to come "out of her" in the spiritual sense.

"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.." (Romans 12:2)

• 1 decade ago

It's a warning to get away from false Worship,Leave,go find the true worshipers that God Approves.

“Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues.”—Rev. 18:4.

“GET OUT of her, my people.” That call has been sounded out since 1919, the year in which the nations fighting in the world war of 1914-1918 signed the peace treaty. Organized religion of the world had backed up that global fight. What about those whom the Bible’s God calls “my people”? These peaceful Christians had come under bondage, even to imprisonment, to Babylon the Great(False Religion) and her political paramours who were engaged in World War I.

2 The call to “get out of her” had been set down in Revelation 18:4. There was a like call set down earlier in Jeremiah 51:45: “Get out of the midst of her, O my people, and provide each one his soul with escape from the burning anger of Jehovah.”

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Bible is perfectly clear on this subject! The daughter of Babylon is the Great Babylon...

Psalm 137: 8-9 - O Daughter of Babylon, doomed to destruction, happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us- he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.

The Bible teaches that the enemies of God ought to be killed in their infancy when it is easier to get rid of them! That is what Bush is doing!!! (Amen?... Praise the LORD! Sweet Jesus!!!)

It is all written in the Bible under the plenary inspiration of God the Holy Ghost!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Vatican (Rome and its worldwide religious monstrosity) is the direct referent to this phraseology. It means for people who are under its religious direction to abandon her. Rome is "Mystery Babylon" in biblical idioms. Rome (more specifically) has adopted ALL of ancient Babylon's religious ceremonies and rituals, and continues them to this day. Most noteable is the "confession box", a practice used by Semiramis's "priests" to keep up on the dirt of ancient babylonians after her son/husband Nimrod was killed for his sin of sacrificing infants to the Babylonian god Moloch. She became paranoid and came up with this idea of using the black confessional box replete with her "priests" to "absolve the sins of my people". This exact same practice is used by the RCC and is as wicked as it gets when one considers it is only Christ (the true High Priest of our faith) who can ever forgive sins; not someone behind a veil who wants you to call him "father" (again, another direct violation of Christ when He said "Call no man on earth your father" - in a spiritual sense).

Yet, how many millions of catholics are there today around the globe? They murdered Alberto Rivera for revealing this stuff. Sad, sad, sad.

Source(s): Edit: Look, if you don't want answers you shouldn't have asked the question. If someone takes the time to respond and you don't agree with their answer, the polite thing to do is just pass over their answer instead of being rude and giving thumbs down to the person, like you've done so far with just about everyone whose taken the time to answer so far.
  • 1 decade ago

Get out from them and don't follow their evil deeds.

In the book of revelation the great Babylon signify the catholic church. It is a false church who fooled and killed millions of people since they accepted the christian religion.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.