Nouns, subject pronouns, semiconsonants!!!?

Please will somebody explain in the simplest possible child-like terms, what the three above are?? Very very simple please!! I've just been reading an article and have only just realised how unbelieveably thick I am! Maybe I shouldnt have skipped all those classes in high school....

Favorite Answer

A noun is any word that represents a person, place, or thing. In the sentence "The girl kissed the frog", the words "girl" and "frog" are nouns. ("The" is an article; "kissed" is a verb.)

A pronoun is a word that takes the place of a noun. Instead of saying "The girl kissed the frog", I could say, "She kissed him". "She" is a pronoun that takes the place of "the girl"; "him" is a pronoun that takes the place of "the frog" (assuming it was a boy frog).

A subject pronoun is a pronoun that is used as the subject of a sentence. (The "subject" is the main noun of the sentence, the one who is doing the action described by the verb.) In our sentence "She kissed him", "she" is a subject pronoun. "Him" is NOT a subject pronoun; it's an object pronoun, since the frog is the recipient of the kiss, not the one doing the kissing. In English, subject pronouns are: I, you, he, she, we, they, and it. Object pronouns are me, you, him, her, us, them, and it. (Note that "you" and "it" can be either subject pronouns or object pronouns, depending on the sentence.)

Semiconsonants are letters that are not vowels (a,e,i,o,u) but are frequently pronounced like vowels. In English, "y" and "w" are usually considered to be semiconsonants. In the word "rhythm", you could replace the "y" with an "i" and get essentially the same pronunciation. In the word "raw", you could replace the "w" with a "u" for essentially the same pronunciation.

matters could properly be nouns or pronouns. Pronouns she , he, it , they, anybody, no person, and so on. Pronouns make connection with a noun, and the difficulty wherein a pronoun make connection with are in many cases (yet no longer needed in each case) everyday earlier in a textual content textile, with the intention to no longer be imprecise or sloppily used.

• cyndi

noun-words used as names(person ,place,thing)

pronoun-substitutes for nouns(name =him/her etc.instead of always using the persons name in a sentence)

semi consonants- sorry I don't know this one

verb-action words

adjectives-describing words ;

adverb-a prefix word meant to modify/expand

proposition-words that show a relationship

conjunctions-connecting words

interjunctions-exclamatory words

nouns means name of place, person,thing etc