Why don't Messianic Jews just call themselves Christian?

Here in this verse the disciples were called Christians, not Messianic Jews.Where did this discription come from, and is there a difference in a Messianic Jew and a Christian? Act 11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the... show more Here in this verse the disciples were called Christians, not Messianic Jews.Where did this discription come from, and is there a difference in a Messianic Jew and a Christian?
Act 11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

ps. Please forgive my ignorance, this question is not meant to offend anyone.
Update: MSB; God's choosen people are those that have excepted His Son.Read carefully Galatians 3 and 2 John 1 and you will find this to be VERY CLEAR.
Update 2: Psalm 27; try counting to ten while taking deep breath's.Sorry but I fail to see your problem with this.I wish everyone would asked me why I call myself a Christian.I would gladly tell them about my Lord and Saviour Jesus, the Son of God.
Update 3: Psalm 27; The more I read of your answer the worse it gets.Jesus Christ was not just the "Jewish Messiah" He died that not one would perish.In His eyes there is no difference in the Jew or the Greek; (Galatians 3:26-29).