What do you think is more important in a christians life - reading the bible or going to church?

I ask because my parents are practising christians who go to church regularly and they are really kind, loving, peaceful and friendly people but they have never read the bible. My dad even says he tried to read it when he was younger but it said one thing in one place and the opposite in another and he couldn't... show more I ask because my parents are practising christians who go to church regularly and they are really kind, loving, peaceful and friendly people but they have never read the bible. My dad even says he tried to read it when he was younger but it said one thing in one place and the opposite in another and he couldn't understand it. This confused me because I thought it was an integral part of Christianity and I thought how can you follow christ if you don't know his words. I am the opposite I read the bible but haven't gone to church since I was a kid and can't find the peace and spiritual gifts my parents display.

Any views? Thanks!