Seniors...Does someone check on you every day?

A friend of mine died a few weeks ago at his home. He had been dead for three days before his son finally went to check on him. The son thought that he had gone out of town and wasn't really worried until he didn't show up at their business on Monday. Those of you who live alone, do you have someone who... show more A friend of mine died a few weeks ago at his home. He had been dead for three days before his son finally went to check on him. The son thought that he had gone out of town and wasn't really worried until he didn't show up at their business on Monday. Those of you who live alone, do you have someone who checks up on you every day to make sure that you are ok? This really worries me. I think that there should be some kind of organization who checks on seniors who live alone, even the younger ones. My friend was only 60 yrs. old and very active, but he lived alone and died of a heart attack.
Update: Well, maybe an "organization" is not the answer, but let's face it, not everyone has family. Maybe this would be a good community service program for teens from the local high school.