I need advice! (For anyone that dosnt mind a long story lol)?

Ok so, long story short: This guy wanted to ask me out but was too scared so he asked me on a text message, I then told him to ask me in person and he didnt want to so he said I think were better as friends... It has been pretty akward between us but he's been talking to me latley and I think things are... show more Ok so, long story short:
This guy wanted to ask me out but was too scared so he asked me on a text message, I then told him to ask me in person and he didnt want to so he said I think were better as friends...
It has been pretty akward between us but he's been talking to me latley and I think things are getting back to normal...
This past weekend me and my friend were at her house and she wanted to invite my guy over, I said no becuase it would probably be akward but she just started texting him anyways, she was like hey and he said hey, I told her to tell him I said hi and she did, Then he said "Hey sexy" then my friend texted back saying "shes happy u said that" and he said "i knew it would make her happy" then my friend said "do i sense a connection between u too" and he said "as friends.. sry"
This confused me alot and I have no idea what to do.. I still really like him but I dont think hes gonna ask me out again, what should I do?
Sorry this is soo long!