Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

Was there ever a band, that was your type of music, and you knew you SHOULD like them but?

for some reason you never got into them?

If so, who, and why?

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Poison.....I have always been into hair bands, and Ive always tried to like them, but I just cant!!!

• Sheila
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Obviously, there are many people on this forum that know an awful lot about music. It seems they can answer any question. Smiley, Rckets, Darth come to mind. But I have met a person in Michigan at some of the music trivia contests I participate in that quite honestly never misses a question. And these are questions relating to rock,pop, soul and country that range from the late 50's to the mid 80's. I don't think he would do as well with new music, but his knowledge of oldies and classic rock is unmatched.

• 1 decade ago

It feels like sacrilage to even say this, but I have never liked Bob Dylan as much as I should. I mean, I like every artist that is ever in a category with him, and I like that type of music, and I like his songs, and his lyrics, but I really don't enjoy listening to his music. I mean I'd pick a Bob Dylan song over a lot of things if I was flipping through radio stations, and I'd jump at the chance to go to a concert, but I would be unlikely to buy a CD or anything, and I have always felt guilty about that.

• Huevo
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

At The Drive-In. I really should like them. I like so many bands in the same vein. But for some reason I can't get into them and I don't know why.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I know that I really should like The Clash because they have a kickass look and sound. Their songs , other than maybe 4 or 5 , just never really excited me for some unknown reason. I even under stand why others like them , but I just can't do it.

• 1 decade ago

Probably Tool

I listen to several progressive rock bands and conie here on answers is also a huge Porcupine Tree fan as well as a Tool fan, but I could never just get into them. I bought 10,000 Days, listened to it at least 10 times and then just pushed it in the back of my closet... I just found no connection... oh well, maybe I started on the wrong CD for me.

• 1 decade ago

As a big fan of Classic Rock and some Prog Rock, I should like Rush. I tried ~ really I did, but I just can't stand Geddy Lee's voice!

• 1 decade ago

Janis Joplin

Was still interested in Johnny Cash or Eddie Vedder. Never really knew why not.

• 1 decade ago

yeah Muse.

They basically combine all my favorite elements of all my favorite music...yet I just don't like what they do with it. They are fairly prog, yet they are fairly standard, and his voice is close enough to Thom Yorke's that it doesn't really take any getting used to but I just can't really get into it, in fact some of it flat out bugs me. A couple songs I like here and there, but they just don't grab me in any way.

• yup.

people say i sould love Pearl Jam, since i like other grunge and alt. bands, but i never really got into them. I got their CD "Ten" and i listened to it for a while, but it didn't really stick with me.

OH, and people also said i should like Smashing Pumpkins as well, but Billy Corgan's voice just irritates the heck out of me.

• 1 decade ago

Im a big classic rock fan, but i never got into the Rolling Stones.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.