Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 decade ago

Do you have a preference for gender for professionals coming into your personal space?

Do you find yourself having a preference for gender when it comes to professionals coming into your personal space?

Like, for the following:

1) A Dentist?

2) A Gynaeocologist? ( if you're female or have female organs of course! )

3) A Hairdresser?

4) A Masseuse for a full-body massage?

- As my very first job was for a male Dentist, I tend to like a male Dentist ( they have the softest hands!!! ) but I have a male Dentist & female Dentist. The female is cool as she has all the modern technology..

- Gynaecologist..I'm uncomfortable either way. No preference as long as they don't spend too long down there & don't get rough!

- Hairdresser - I go by their "track record" and how popular they are with their results, I have had good & bad of both sexes.

- Full-body definitely female, but for upper-body I prefer male as they have bigger hands to manipulate my muscles- especially for Chinese massage.

Favorite Answer

I guess I do...

1) A Dentist? - either way is fine, but I have always had a male dentist!

2) A Gynaeocologist? - female there is no doubt in that!

3) A Hairdresser? - female you have to discuss gossip with someone...right?

4) A Masseuse for a full-body massage? - female...unless it is a really guy

Good question though!!!

• Holly

1) A Dentist? Doesnt matter in the least.

2) A Gynecologist? ( if you're female or have female organs of course! ) I prefer a woman. For many reasons. Comfort level...empathy...

3) A Hairdresser? hmmm doesnt really matter

4) A Masseuse for a full-body massage? I would want a man simply because there hands are usually stronger and I would get a deeper massage.

1) No preference, although I've never been to a female dentist.

2) No preference. I am indifferent about the sex of my doctor, even if they're doing something like a pap smear. As long as the doc is good, I don't care. (It's really the cold metal instruments that make me uncomfortable, not a male doc examining me)

3) No preference. I have been to both male and female hairdressers. There are good and bad ones of both gender.

4) Never gone for a massage, so can't really comment. I'd be willing to bet that I wouldn't have a preference though.

Dentist: Mine has always been a man, but I usually end up with a female hygienist. That doesn't matter to me.

Gynecologist: That does. I would never feel comfortable with a male gynecologist.

Hairdresser: They've usually been female, but I can go either way.

Masseuse: As long as they don't ask me if I want a happy ending, I don't care.

A) No preference. I chose all dentists I have used based on personal recommendations of people I trust, and they have just all happened to be men.

B) No preference. Growing up with nurse for a mom, I've always known who the best medical professionals in my area are, and all my choices of providers are solely based on that knowledge. Again, they all just happen to be male, except for my dermatologist (I've had a melanoma in the past).

C) No preference here, except for experience. But I have 3 aunts who are licensed cosmetologists, so I've always had them to call on.

D) This one isn't one I'll ever be visiting. Other then my hubby and the required medical pros, I don't like people's hands all over me. It creeps me out.

I prefer a man do all of those things! I always have, even as a child-weird I know!

For a pap I don't necessarily care but breast exams I really do prefer a man. It's the same with my masseuse!

I never let a woman or any heterosexual person near my hair!

1) He is male and very nice and a good dentist

2) We don't really have them in England for us regular healthy women who use the NHS, the nurse at my doctors did my last smear and she was a woman, and it would be rare to find a man doing that kind of work

3) Have no preference

4) Female only, or perhaps very obviously gay male.

1. No, I have a wonderful male dentist

2. Yes, female

3. No, I have a wonderful male hairdresser

4. Only my husband ;-)

1. does not matter

2. went to man for many years, he was too busy. changed to a female who was less busy

3. only gone to two males, prefer female

4. no massages--dont like people I dont know touching me

i think of she's putting out to love you. in basic terms permit her take care of her self belief in coming near to you (that is significant if she's certainly shy woman) you may prepare affection to her via treating her like a princess-- protecting a door for her, walking together with her, being certainly shielding and consistently attempt to hearken to her. while she learns to open up with you emotionally -- telling you each and every and each form of issues from family individuals, clothing, the solar and each little thing opportunities she's getting close to to you. maximum women are after emotional connection first till now attending to you bodily close. and that i've got an impact which you're relatively type and gentleman and that she trusts you. suitable of success, sweetie!