Many people are calling Obama racist...are they saying this about McCain too? ("I hate go*ks" and "tar baby")

He made the "I hate go*ks" comment was in 2000 "I hate the go*ks, I will hate them as long as I live." And the "tar baby" comment was in 2007. It was Obama's pastor that said this, and yes I definitely think that's racist...but with John McCain, those are HIS words. show more He made the "I hate go*ks" comment was in 2000

"I hate the go*ks, I will hate them as long as I live."

And the "tar baby" comment was in 2007.

It was Obama's pastor that said this, and yes I definitely think that's racist...but with John McCain, those are HIS words.
Update: MCCAIN USES RACIAL SLUR ON CAMPAIGN TRAIL
Per the Des Moines Register:

Cedar Falls, Ia. - Republican presidential candidate John McCain used the term "tar baby," which is sometimes associated with racist connotations, during a campaign stop in northern Iowa on Friday and immediately expressed regret.
Update 2: Wednesday, March 1, 2000 McCain under fire for racial slur The Associated Press WESTMINSTER, Calif. — Bruce Hoang understands the anger Sen. John McCain has toward his North Vietnamese captors. It was, after all, war. But like many in Orange County's Little Saigon, home to the largest group of... show more Wednesday, March 1, 2000

McCain under fire for racial slur
The Associated Press

WESTMINSTER, Calif. — Bruce Hoang understands the anger Sen. John McCain has toward his North Vietnamese captors. It was, after all, war.

But like many in Orange County's Little Saigon, home to the largest group of Vietnamese outside Vietnam, he can't understand McCain's use of the word ``gooks'' to describe his prison guards.

(02-18) 04:00 PDT Greenville, S.C. -- Editor's Note: This article was published on Feb. 18, 2000. In January 2008, at least two national web sites posted links to it. As a result, it appeared in the list of SFGate's Most Read articles.

Arizona Sen. John McCain refused to apologize yesterday for his use of a racial slur to condemn the North Vietnamese prison guards who tortured and held him captive during the war.
"I hate the gooks," McCain said yesterday .
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2000/02/18/MN32194.DTL&type=printable