im scared to get a job!!!!!?

im so scared of getting a job...im basically a couch potatoe, and im a teenager...all i recieve is stress...i stress out alot...i cant focus on school, and if i get a job, i will stress tht i may get fired for something dumb....i want one...but when i think about "interview" i panic...what kinds of questions u think they will say if u wanna work at a clothes place like "dots"? im 17...so....? dunno

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Hi-D
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

they ask you about past job or volunteerining experience, they try to see how you can handle a stressful or busy situation, they try to get a feel of you knowledge, and common sense, it's not scary, it lasts no more then ten minutes, so stay calm, stay professional, the only person your hurting by being stress is you, so stop torturing yourself, and relax, everyone goes through this, your not alone

• lei
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Confidence will get you through an interview better than anything else. For retail, they will probably ask you simple questions about what kind of experience you have. If you get someone who is HR-crazy they might say, "Describe a time when you did something well." You can probably Google "interview questions" for more examples. As for the fear/stress, these reflect poorly on you when you are at your job. You need to go into work everyday with a smile on your face and a willingness to help and learn. That's pretty much all they expect of teenagers.

• 1 decade ago

Ok. Listen...can you imagine yourself at 40 years old. Do you really want to be sitting on the same couch watching the same shows, stressing about getting a job. Everyone panics at interviews even the most educated people. This is a time to talk about yourself and what you can do for them. Tell them what you know about clothing. Make sure you look stylish and not trashy when you go. GOOD LUCK. Now get off the couch.

• 1 decade ago

Idk what dots is.. but if you get a job at somewhere like Wal-Mart or Target or a grocery store, the interview is so easy.. most of them don't even give a crap what you say during the interview. Have you seen the people that work at places like that?

Just quit making excuses for yourself. Wait another year and when you're on your own.. then you'll see what stress is.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I dont know what "dots" is but

they ussually ask in a job interview

"why you want the job"

"what position you are looking for"

,"what are your expectations" and stuff like that.

• 1 decade ago

Just chill out and when you go for an interview, if you are acting nervous, tell them that this will be your first job. Most people will understand.

• A
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Breath, if you actually can land a job, keep it. Start with clothing, you will learn merchandising, marketing, both very good jobs and best of all it will be self taught, no college loans.

• 1 decade ago

worse thing that will happen is they will fire you than you go get a better job.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

get off the freakin couch already - what can a 17 yr old be stressed about?

• 1 decade ago

you need to get a job and stop beinfg scared

Source(s): i just know
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.