Graduating in August. When to start looking for jobs?

I will be graduating with a Masters in Computer Science in August. When is the good time to start looking for jobs? I have already interviewed with a few companies and they told me that it is too early for me to start applying..

Favorite Answer

Continue to look now. The earlier the better with the current job market. It also allows you to pursue more options and be a little more picky in accepting offers.

It was probably "too soon" for you to apply for those specific positions beacuse the employer wanted to fill them ASAP. But now you're in their system and that may pay off later.

Look for positions that start during the summer. That'll give you a jump on all the people waiting and increase the likelihood of having a job by graduation.

About two months before you graduate, start posting up your resume on some job sites like monster.com, careerbuilder, craigslist, and indeed.com.. Start doing interviews even though you might not like the position to get you comfortable about real world jobs! Compile a list of common interview questions like "what are you biggest strenghts and weaknesses?" and know exactly how to answer them.. the more prepared you are, the better your chances of getting hired. 2 montsh ahead is perfect timing and should get you w/ a job lined up right at graduation -- good luck!!

• 7

You should know that Houston TX has a lot of oil related activity in it and it is one place to cover that has a good chance of yielding results... but I disagree that its too early to look: I suggest that you start...

try finding jobs online.start with theladders.com they have all kinds of entry level jobs. it is never too early to apply for jobs.