Fia
Fia asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Have you saved any pictures, letters, gifts from an ex boyfriend/ girlfriend ? =)?

Or do you let theses things go… and if you''ve saved something …why so...is it because it reminds you of them or holds some sort of emotional value to you....!!

• Wish
    Best Answer

I tried to but they were burned, just not by me

i have saved quite a few things from my ex's in the past. and not because of the emotional value but just to kep the memories. I hate forgetting a lot of things, and every picture has it's own special memory acquired with it. I dont usually take pictures myself, so when someone gives me pictures of myself or my friends, i like to keep them in a scrap book, which is were i keep a lot of picture, which just so happen to mostly contain me and my exes.

of course you cant help but keep some things for emotional value, but thats not a bad thing. even though a relationship goes bad, doesn;t mean the memories have to. There had to be something good about the person for you to be together in the first place. lol.

I have saved stuff from my ex boyfriend and from the time period when I was with my ex boyfriend.I have saved the stuff as a way to remember my ex boyfriend by and the time I shared with him.Also because of the emotional value of the stuff.Back than each of the things meant something special and was important to me.I think I would feel like a part of me is lost if I were to get rid of any of the stuff.

Only one thing - I still have a break up letter from many years ago.

She wrote a letter from her 'Holiday' in Perth - only it turns out that it wasn't a holiday but her and the rest of her family had moved there... couldn't face telling me so sent me a letter instead...

Not sure why I keep it - guess it's because I've never been able to get 'closure' on the relationship.

Of course! Everything before today is a part of my life, and has had a role in who I have become. I could never throw away momentos of my past, unless they brought back horrible memories.

• Tom H

As many as I could, the one pic of my ex-wife mysteriously disappeared though. No special reason though. You can't go back. Maybe just to remind myself what fresh new love is like before complications set in.

No, its his possessions and he has a right to keep things from his past. Tell your friend to ask her boyfriend to move his "break up" box out of plain view so she doesnt have to look at it. but make sure she says that she understands him keeping the stuff

I destroyed all the gifts, got rid of all the photos (I think), but still have the letters, well, e-mails... he used to write me these lengthy e-mails I would read over and over again.... I don't know why I haven't deleted them. I should. But... I... just... can't.

I Have a Ton of That Junk.

Need To Let Go and Get Rid of It !

• Dovey

I let them go so fast I sometimes have to turn around. The past is gone and some things hurt, so let them Fly!!!

• sophia

yes, I have a few... I'm not bitter about my past relationships. Hmmm, I have no idea if they're valuable to me emotionally... they're rather like some records of a too real past.