What are the similarities between Islam (Muslims) and Judism (Jews)?

- My history teacher claimed today that Jews and Muslims follow two very different religions, but i want to challenge him. I believe there are more similarities than differences.

- I'm a Christian so I don't know that much about either one, but I know that all three of us believe in the same God.

- I also know koshur meat is acceptable by Muslims as halal meat is also acceptable by Jews.

Favorite Answer

Yes, there are similarities between Judaism and Islam.

Firstly, if I may just clarify: Muslims can and do eat kosher meat. Jews cannot eat halal meat though, because the kosher rules are slightly stricter.

The main question:

Islam is more similar to Judaism, than Christianity is.

Both Jews and Muslims believe in one G-d.

Both Jews and Muslims reject the notion that G-d ever takes human form.

Both Jews and Muslims pray several times a day: Religious Jews pray 3 times, religious Muslims, 5

Both Jews and Muslims have dietary laws; neither are supposed to eat pork, for example.

Both Jews and Muslims fast: Jews fast for 25 hours on Yom Kippur, the Day Of Atonement; Muslims fast during Ramadan.

Both religious Jewish women and religious Muslim women cover their heads

In synagogues and mosques, men and women are separated

appears like someone left their homework until eventually the finest minute. enable's see. it will be demanding to imagine of six issues common to all 3 faiths - it must be a lot less annoying utilising 2 of the three, yet enable me imagine... a million) All 3 religions worship an same G-d (though Judaism and Islam are purer forms of monotheism than Christianity). 2) All 3 religions revere a lot of an same figures as prophets. persons respected by utilising all 3 faiths comprise Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Moses. 3) All 3 religions well known the Torah (the first 5 books of the Bible) as divine revelation, though Christianity holds that its personal teachings supersede those of the Pentateuch, and the Muslims believe that Jews and Christians have corrupted their respective scriptures. 4) Judaism, Christianity, and Islam were all religions born contained in the middle East. 5) All 3 religions have a weekly holy day. The Jewish Shabbos takes position between sunset on Friday and dusk on Saturday, the Christians moved their Sabbath to Sunday, and the Muslims have their particular social gathering of communal collecting on Friday. 6) Jerusalem is a holy city to all 3 faiths (though its position in Islam is honestly extremely doubtful - more beneficial the outcome of politics than genuine non secular reverence). There you bypass - itemizing a number of those one after the different became slightly a stretch, yet those are six factors common to Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. reliable success on your essay, or homework, or inspite of that's for, and once you've any added questions with reference to the Abrahamic faiths, be at liberty to the contact me promptly. i'm an orthodox Jew who became presented up Christian and my college degree is in close to *** study (i.e. Islamic heritage and lifestyle), so comparative Abrahamic religions is nearly my issue.

both do not eat pork , both get circumcised , both do not believe that Jesus was the son of God , both have roots to the prophet Abraham peace upon him the Jews from his son Jacob and the Muslims from his son Ismael peace upon them , they both fast on the same day that Moses defeated Farrel .

They both Cherish Jerusalem, which a very holy place for both religions.

a strong emphasis on "holy land"

costumes

diets

they essentially worship the same god of abraham.

both hate each other lol

they're both superstitious