Can somebody tell me the name of this movie?

does anyone remember a really old movie, in which the bed flys, there r 2 kids, an old lady & a cat (i think). there bed flys & they go to the different places on it.

i want ot know the name of tht movie..

sry thts all i can remember abt tht movie

Update:

i want to* the name to tht movie

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Bedknobs and Broomsticks (1971)

starring Angela Lansbury, David Tomlinson, Roddy McDowall, Sam Jaffe, Cindy O'Callaghan, Roy Snart, Ian Weighill, Tessie O'Shea, Reginald Owen (final film), Cyril Delavanti

IMDB synopsis:

During World War II in England, Charlie, Carrie, and Paul Rawlins are sent to live with Eglantine Price, an apprentice witch. Charlie blackmails Miss Price that, if he is to keep her practices a secret, she must give him something, so she takes a bedknob from her late father's bed and places the "famous magic traveling spell" on it, and only Paul can activate it. Their first journey is to a street in London where they meet Emelius Browne, headmaster of Miss Price's witchcraft training correspondence school. Miss Price tells him of a plan to find the magic words for a spell known as Substitutiary Locomotion, which brings inanimate objects to life. This spell will be her work for the war effort.

TRIVIA:

The armor in the climactic battle with the Nazis was authentic medieval armor, previously used in "Camelot" (1967) and "El Cid" (1961). When any item of armor was to be destroyed, exact fiberglass replicas were created and used.

In the establishing shot of the animated soccer game, a bear wearing a Mickey Mouse T-shirt can be spotted in the crowd on the right side of the picture.

The film's opening credits sequence is a homage to the Bayeux Tapestry, a seamless linen cloth made by the French in medieval times which tells the story of the Norman Conquest of England.

If your film has animation mixed with live action scenes, this could be it. The bed flies, but there are three children. Other travelers are a man and a woman (Tomlinson and Lansbury).

Here are a couple of scenes from YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqY1lHJYIgY

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ejhIZZvDgw

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The only one I can think of is bedknobs and broomsticks.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

hey, still didn't find the name to tht movie?

ring on me wen u do...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

no idea at all. Sorry

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.