Work in MA but live in NY?

I work in MA but I live in NY, my wife works in NY. When I fill out the Mass Form-1-NR/PY, do I need to include my wifes income that she earned in New York or file "Married filling seperate return" and include only my Mass. income?

1 Answer

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    you should file married filing separate for the MA return. I would think that if you filed joint, then you'll be taxed higher. You both already have to file for NY anyway so just leave her out of MA.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.