Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? about North/ South Carolina colleges?

i want to go to college in north or south carolina, i am not very familiar with those two states though, i was wondering if you could list some colleges that are close to the beach. thanks

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hey! I'm go to the University of South Carolina (the original USC) and am a South Carolina coastal resident. Most of the best Carolina colleges are actually inland such as USC (2-3 hours depending on the beach), Clemson (5 hours), UNC, and Duke. However, if you want to be along the coast:

Coastal Carolina in Conway, SC (20 minutes inland from Myrtle Beach)

several schools in Charleston, SC (College of Charleston (good school, but it is in the bad part of town), Charleston Southern, the Citadel (military college), and I think there is at least one more in charleston.

I also think there is a UNC-Wilmington in NC.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Univesity of South Carolina was named #35 for best value education.

Source(s): USC student, grew up in Myrtle Beach
  • 5 years ago

Also Coastal Carolina University, UNC Charlotte, UNC Wilmington, and Davidson.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Friend, if you are choosing a college according to beach access, you are setting yourself up for a big mess, long-term.

What career are you aiming for? If you don't plan your college time to prepare yourself for that career, then your post-graduation job is likely to be one where you ask "do you want fries with that" unless Daddy is able to give you a mid-level management position in his firm.

If you don't have a career goal defined for yourself, get your tochus over to a nearby community college and ask them if their career development center will work with you. They have the tools to assess your interests and aptitudes. Then they can advise you about what college programs are needed to prepare you.

This is NOT the time in your life to screw around worrying about beach time! Get a stable career first, then you can plan your vacations.

• eri
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Try College of Charleston or Francis Marion.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.