Bruins-fan asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

will Kerry Wood win the Cubs' closer job, and have a decent year?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I like Kerry, but wonder if he can pitch 2 or 3 days in a row. He's had a good SPRING TRAINING, facing a lot of Triple A players. (and some big leaguers) Lou may go with him, I would not. I'd pitch him in the 7th or 8th for now. Marmol gets my vote.

EDIT: Back spasms scratch Wood's outing (03/19)

Here we go again!

Source(s): Inning pitched 2007- 24.1 2006- 19.2 2005- 66
  • 1 decade ago

I sure hope not, I am not a Kerry Wood fan. I don't know why Chicago Cubs fans love this guy, he is a pitcher that wore out his welcome a long time. This is is 10th season with the Chicago Cubs, if we can even count it has his 10th season, since he was injured and missed all of the 1999 season, and pretty much was not healthy for a whole season. If I were the Chicago Cubs GM, he would not be on the Cubs today. I would rather trade for a closer then have Kerry Wood as closer, if I had to, I would trade him for a closer. A real one.

• 1 decade ago

The next week willl tell, Lou has given K Wood a closers workload (not back 2 back days yet though) just waiting to see how he feels pysically.

K Wood has outpitched Marmol and Howry but we'll see. I'd say yes though

• 1 decade ago

It's looking like it's going to be that way as of right now and I think he's going to be awesome, after all, he beat out Marmol and Howry so that says a lot.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I hope he does and that he becomes the best.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes, he might

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.