How to get an injunction against someone in jail. Harris County Texas?

I purchased a cell phone for someone who promased to pay me back. He never paid me back and is now in jail. The cell phone is being held in his property at the jail. He refuses to release the cell phone to me. How can I get the cell phone released to me.

1 Answer

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    It's not an injunction you want.

    You have to prove that you are the true owner of the property before anyone will consider giving it to you. From what you say, you don't have any legal right to the phone. Your legal right is to sue your jailed friend in small claims for the money you paid for the phone.

    So leave the poor bailiffs alone and go file your small claims suit.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.