Why does tony kornheiser always wave the canadian flag at the end of PTI?

is he candian orr does he just like canada?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

He waves it because Canada doesn't see PTI on ESPN, but instead later in the day on their network TSN ( I don't know what that network really is) and so he gives a little shout out to them.

And no he's not Canadian, he's a New Yorker, born and raised ( Long Island and New York City specifically).

• yantis
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Anthony Kornheiser

• 7 years ago

Im not sure of the exact episode, but something was mentioned about Canada and Tony, in his sweet way, made some disrespectful comment about Canada. Something to the effect of "It's a frozen waste land of nothing...." There was an uproar via email, and he apologized and said the would say good night Canada to show his apology....Classic Tony

• lellig
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

i think he's on holiday. some commentators take holiday trips over the summer time. dissimilar ESPN personalities fill in for Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon at times. dissimilar personalities fill in for different television hosts and radio hosts. It in basic terms relies upon on whilst the guy takes a holiday. It does look that television and radio hosts take dissimilar holiday trips. i'm hoping he does not have wellbeing issues. i like listening to him. he's humorous and nicely spoken.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

He does it because in Canada, PTI airs on TSN not ESPN. On ESPN, immediately after PTI at 6 pm, SportsCenter airs. PTI has an additional short segment during the 6 pm SportsCenter. People in Canada don t get to see that final segment of the show because it s not on the Canadian version of SportsCentRE. So Tony signs off to Canadian viewers at the end of the regular broadcast of PTI.

• hes from canada

• 1 decade ago

Usually comes as he tries to hype Hockey as he knows how few of us in the States care about it. It's part of his "Sarcastic Wit"

• 1 decade ago

he is canadian maybe dur da dur

• 1 decade ago

I'm guessing he's Canadian...

• 1 decade ago

Because he is an idiot, i cant stand that guy!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.