Mental health - Depression?

I'm doing some research as part of a school project to do with mental health problems. I'd really like it if you could help me and give me your thoughts. Have you had any experiences of depression/know someone with experiences of depression? How long did it take you/him/her to recover? What was the... show more I'm doing some research as part of a school project to do with mental health problems. I'd really like it if you could help me and give me your thoughts.

Have you had any experiences of depression/know someone with experiences of depression?
How long did it take you/him/her to recover? What was the process like?
How do you feel society sees depression today?
If you do/did suffer from depression are you going to/did you get help? How do you feel about getting help?
Why do you think that there are so many people suffering with depression in today's society?
What do you think about online help sites?
Are there other ways you feel we can help people with depression other than those currently available?

I feel like I'm making a commercial survey thing. Sorry if it seems that way, I really am interested in your experiences and in particular about recovery - since I'm doing it as part of a group project I want to have a lot of information to spread. Maybe I can make a small difference.