Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

christians!, have you read your bible??=)??

and do you follow exactly what it says??...not just in terms of accepting Jesus as your god or loving people..i mean every single word in the bible!.......???

ps:i would love to read answers from christians only... =))

and btw am not christian but am just interested ^_^

~thank you& peace~ =)

KING: yes i have read the bible.

Favorite Answer

Problem is that very few christians ready, but even those who read, don't try to understand it. Even if you don't read full answer, let others read it.

You will find all the answers of your questions from within bible, starting from whether you should question everything or just believe because you have been told to believe.

Blind belief is dangerous and destructive!. Bible tells us to prove things.

(I Thessalonians 5:21): “Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.”

Tthe Christian scholar, Professor Bart Ehran's book "Misquoting Jesus" claims they do not even have a "copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy" of anything from the original writings of any of the writers of the Old or the New Testament.

“How can you say, ‘We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us’? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has made it into a lie. (From the RSV Bible, Jeremiah 8:8)” Bible is teaching us to think and to isolate lies added by humans in the Bible from the truth in Bible, away from contradictions.

The teachings of the Church contradict the teachings of Jesus (pbuh) and that is the cause of the confusion. If a sincere christian who wants to follow Jesus, asks priests about trinity, the answer that he gets is "It is a Mystery, not explained by Jesus clearly", at that time again those forget that Jesus said,

"I spoke openly to the world. I always taught in synagogues and in the temple, where the Jews always meet, and in secret I have said nothing" (John 18:20 (NKJ)).

There was no mystery in the message of Jesus, nothing secret. Will you accept the priests' so called "mystery of trinity" and forget clear commandments of Jesus? Trinity or divinity of Jesus to be anywhere close to basis of chritain faith would have to be there in bible in clear words in any even one book of bible, with Jesus saying I am God, worship me, which is not. Doesn't it mean something to you.

Jesus clearly said:

A) Mark 12:29: "the Lord our God, the lord is One".

B) Metthew: 26:39: "He went a little farther and fell on His face and prayed" (Following Jesus way is following what he did). Jesus prayed to one God

C) Matthew 4:10 "You shall worship the Lord, your God, and him only you shall serve"

D) John 14:28 reads-- " You heard that I said to you,I am going away and i am coming back to you. If you loved me , you would rejoice that I am going my way to the Father,BECAUSE THE FATHER IS GREATER THAN I AM"

E) Mark 13:32: "But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father."

F) John 5:19: "Most truly I say to you, the son cannot do a single thing of his own initiative but only what he beholds the father doing."

G) Matthew 19:17. "And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments."

H) Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me

John 7:16

What if Jesus were to ask these questions to you today:

Question 1. Why did u address your devotions to me instead it should have been to true God? Did I ever direct u to do it, or porpose myself as an object of religious worship?

Question 2 . When my disciples requested me to teach them to pray(Luke 11: 1-2),did I teach them to pray to myself or to any person but Father?

The trinity is a doctrine from about the year 325 AD, It has its roots in polytheism, pagan religion, and pagan philosophy (most probably added to christianity by humans to make it more acceptable to worshippers of more than one God). It is not in the bible unless you really, really stretch it to fit.

The New Catholic Encyclopedia - 1967, VOL. XIV, PAGE 299:

The formulation "one God in three Persons" was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith, PRIOR TO THE END OF THE 4TH CENTURY. But it is precisely this formulation that first claimed to title "The Trinitarian Dogma. AMONG THE APOSTOLIC FATHERS, THERE HAD BEEN NOTHING EVEN REMOTELY APPROACHING SUCH A MENTALITY OR PERSPECTIVE.

Indeed! He had already prophesied that people will worship him uselessly and will believe in doctrines not made by God but by men. (Matthew 15:9):

“But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.”

Men make all doctrines of modern Christianity: the Trinity, Divine Sonship of Jesus, Divinity of Jesus Christ, Original Sin and Atonement.

You should not accept the word “son” literally . Word "son" was used in bible for general human beings and other prophets also. "we all are the children of father in heavens" indicates that word "son" was used in different meaning of love and care.

Mathew: 5:9. "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called the sons of God.”

Exodus 4:22.

“And thou (Moses) shalt say unto Pharaoh, thus saith the Lord, Israel is my son, even my firstborn.”

The belief that Jesus died for our sins and salvation is gurarenteed for believers of Jesus, and now actions do not have to fall in line with our faith, is not what Jesus preached clearly. It contradicts with interpretations and additions done by scribes/ historians centuries after Jesus:

Matt 5:20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness (your uprightness and your right standing with God) is more than that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

There is no guranteed heaven for anyone, this life is a test, whether you pass and enter heaven or fail,.

Jesus said, "I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." (Matthew 16:19)

Jesus, Moses, Mohammad (p.b.u.h), they all worshiped the same God, the God of Ibrahim. All prophets taught "surrendering one's will to God" that is the meaning of word "Islam". Word "christianity" did not exist at the time of Christ, but you will find Jesus teachings to be "surrender your will to God" in bible many times.

JAMES 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Mohammad (peace be upon him) was also a messenger of God, who never claimed to be God, the same way Jesus or Moses never claimed to be God, nor did they ever say worship me. Bible confirms the coming of another true prophet as:

"The Comforter, the Spirit of Truth, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said unto you."

[Bible - John 14:26]

If only the genuine followers of Jesus, who truly love him, read the Bible in context, and study the Qur’an, they will definitely reach the conclusion that GOD IS ONE, without any partners; and Jesus (pbuh) the son of Mary (pbuh) is a messenger of GOD!

Muslims love Jesus, they believe in his miraculous birth with the will of God without a father or sexual act (the way Adam was born without a mother and father), , they believe in miracles that Jesus performed with permission of God, muslims faith demands them to believe Jesus was a great prophet of God and belief in the original message of Jesus the massaya.

Muslims feel closer to the sincere Christians than to the Jews, or the idol worshippers and the atheists.

The Qur’an clearly says in Surah.5:v 82: “Thou wilt find the most vehement of mankind in hostility to those who are muslims (to be) the Jews and the idolators. And thou wilt find the nearest of them in affection to those who believe; those who say: Lo! We are Christians. This is because there are among them priests and monks (i.e. persons entirely devoted to the service of God, as are the muslims) and because they are not proud.”

Qur’an, revealed to the Prophet Muhammed some 600 years after Jesus, (pbut) corrects the errors that crept (knowingly or unknowingly) into the message that Jesus brought. This book should prove to be a very valuable asset to both Muslims and Christians

The Holy Qur’an warns in Surah 5:73& 74: “They do blaspheme who say, Allah is Christ the son of Mary. But said Christ: O’ Children of Israel! Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. Whoever joins other gods with Allah- Allah will forbid him the garden, (i.e. paradise) and the fire will be his abode. There will for the wrong doers, be no one to help”. “Surely they are disbelievers, those who say: Allah is one of the three in a Trinity: But there is none who has the right to be worshiped but one God (i.e. Allah). And if they cease not from what they say, verily a painful torment will befall the disbelievers among them”.

Verily Allah will never change the condition of a people until they change themselves." (Surah ar-Ra'd Chapter 13, verse 11)

Decide whether you love Jesus and want to follow his clear words and be saved, or love other human beings who gave different meaning to his original words.

Does this answer some of your questions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N48Ymna9q8k

Youtube thumbnail

Find out the truth:

www.sultan.org/books/

muslimchristianialogue.pdf

I don't know about other Christians but I read my Bible every day. Actually I have a devotional on Yahoo groups so I am teaching the Bible so I have to know what I am teaching so I need to study what I am writing about. For my own devotional time I am reading through the Old Testament right now and try to read at least one chapter a day if not more. Last year I read through the New Testament. My main Bible is the King James Version and my Study Bibles are The Amplified Bible and the Jewish Bible. These three Bibles together help to understand what God has written and what He wants us to know. Most of the Bible up to Acts was written mainly for the Jewish people. Then when the Church was started Gentiles were also given the gospel and so right now we are in the Church age. So my answer to your question is yes, I as a born again believer in Jesus Christ who is my Savior, Lord and King, I read my Bible and answer question with Biblical answers. bb

It depends on what you mean by "exatcly what it says".

Christians attempt to ensure they live their life like Jesus Christ whose life was shown and depicted in the New Testament. The Old Testament, although important, has many "traditions" in it which were heavily affiliated with the Jewish tradition at the time. Some beliefs even "malicious" so to speak which is why Jesus denounced the "eye for an eye" theory.

Christianity is a rather large religion and it is almost impossible to gain every answer here showing a part in one denomination of Christianity.

I don't follow every word in the Bible and I can't imagine that many Christians do too. Otherwise McDonalds and other large fast food companies would not do as good as they are doing right now.

And by reading the Bible isn't going to help much. Many books that were once in the Bible have been eradicated thanks to the Barbarians or the group (I forgot their name) that chose which books to be included in the Bible. If you look at the course of Christianity, many things have changed. Now, for some apparent reason, it is said to be a good "Christian", one must go to Church. Many religions you see today have moved so far from their original origins it's hard to understand how it moved that far.

E.g. I watched a documentary based on the History of Islam. It was a very very very good religion, where it is documented that Jews, Christians and Muslims even worshipped together in the same place because they submitted to the one God. And for some reason now today, we have ongoing wars between the Abrahamic religions.

*Edit: Although I'm a Catholic, I don't believe in the authority of the Pope.

Yes, but the Bible is

-- Progressive revelation. The Council of Jerusalem in the Book of Acts, the saving of Cornelius, and the declaring of all foods clean by Jesus, abrogates Leviticus in part. As does the teaching on Divorce go the other way and re-instate the original Law.

-- The Bible is not the Faith. The Church guards Faith and Morals, at least for a Catholic. so if you say the Bible says to cut off my hand if it offends me, the Church can say, you have the wrong interpretation. Also with 'This is my Body, This is my Blood', etc.

I try to follow the Bible in the spirit it was meant to be followed.

• Yes, but still struggle following it. It's hard to do! Just look at my questions and answers on here, I have troubles just "letting it go" now and then. But I love learning about God and hashing out ideas with others.

Death from above.... The Popes don't want us to read the bible, it causes people to leave the Catholic church. Those who don't leave are the ones who believe that the Pope has full authority to change God's laws. Why do you think that he would say such a thing?

• Char

Yes I have read my Bible. I am FAR from perfect, but I do my best to be what I know in my heart a Christian should be. I do not follow all Old Testament laws and customs. I am not Jewish. Jesus said to love the Lord your God with all of your heart, mind and soul, and to love your neighbor as yourself.

Matthew 22:36-40 I do my best to live my life in that way.

<><

I'm a Roman Catholic and despite often joking about being radically conservative I believe there are some things in the bible that must be taken with a grain of salt. Much of the Old Testament is symbolic, leaving interpretation to the reader while the New Testament is what I believe.

Buddhist Christian here. I follow two rules. Love thy neighbor as thyself and the second is like the first, Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart and soul . Since I believe the Bible spoke in symbolism and allegory I think most of it is open to interpretation.

i read the bible, but i've never read the entire thing. actually, I do not follow every single word because I'm human, and I make mistakes all the time. I try though.

As you are not a "Christian" by your own admission... then there is nothing in The Bible for you... The Bible is for those open to the leading of God, through The Holy Spirit.... those not open to God will find nothing for them there... and if they do read and try to impliment some of the principles it contains... they will fail... possably with dire concequences.... The Word and Will of God may not be imposed upon any one.... what is in The Bible is not binding upon you... you are free to get-a-way with any thing you can under the law of man... of course.... ultimately... you will have to answer to God for your actions... but that comes after this mortal life... too late then to change your ways though...

yes. I am a Christian and read my bible.I haven't read the entire bible though. I go to church and try to follow the word as best as I can, but it can be very hard sometimes.